Financial Analyst at The Marketing Store
A BIT ABOUT US
The Marketing Store is a consumer engagement agency that believes in the power of experience to build brands. Experience is any valuable interaction between a brand and consumer, and it’s the currency of 21st century marketing; consumers are placing greater value on it, technology provides brands with greater opportunity to deliver, and it’s the key to unlocking huge growth.
Our core skill is therefore transforming brands, products and services into experiences. To leave lasting impressions and influence future purchasing decisions.
We do this through our expertise in the sharing of experience and the science of experience. Yet none of this can be achieved without our investment in people and culture. We’re committed to breaking down silos to create more efficient and better-connected working processes. That’s why we are a people-first agency, built to serve consumer-first brands.
WHAT ARE OUR PEOPLE LIKE?
Our agency is home to creative problem solvers. Those who overcome any obstacle to successfully put consumer-first ideas, products and technologies into market.
People who wear their talent lightly. Willing to be part of a close community that pushes them to be better.
Because our goal is to bring people and brands closer together. Closer insights, closer connections and closer collaboration breed better, more effective work. It’s this dedication to getting closer that drives us to go further.
WHO WE WORK WITH
We apply insightful, strategic, brand-building processes to the creation industry-leading, award-winning promotions, digital experiences, retail activations, CRM and loyalty programs, premiums and brand events.
Our clients include McDonald’s, Nissan, Infiniti, T-Mobile and more!
- The Finance Analyst is responsible for providing financial support for the North America agency including annual budgeting, monthly close & forecasting, profitability reporting & analysis, agency-specific reporting, and ad-hoc analyses.
- Support development of Agency financial plans in collaboration with Agency stakeholders, client finance team, and supervisors including monthly reporting, annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, KPI’s, and other ad-hoc reporting requirements.
- Analyze actual operating results and explain variances vs. prior year, budget, and forecasts.
- Help develop performance review packages for senior management meetings.
- Develop and present monthly departmental reporting packages to department leads.
- Maintain and innovate reporting files. Establish well-defined, organized, efficient, and documented reporting processes to provide reliable and meaningful analysis to key partners.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of budgeting, forecasting, and modeling tools.
- Prepare and input monthly/quarterly expense forecast following Agency calendar.
- Prepare journal entries in accordance with accounting guidelines and monthly close schedule.
- Collaborate with Accounting team to ensure monthly results are accurate and in line with expectations.
- Analyze and explain any revenue and expense variances against annual plan/forecast/prior year.
- Effectively manage and communicate budget and forecast timelines to the client finance team.
- Prepare and analyze monthly P&L.
- Monitor and analyze agency results.
- Maintain ongoing staffing matrix and reports on a monthly/quarterly basis as needed.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis as directed by supervisor.
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Support finance system administration.
Desired Skills & Experience
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Accounting
- 1+ years of relevant work experience service industry background a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, high-level Excel functionality encouraged
- Experience with budgeting/forecasting, financial modeling highly valued
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate analytical findings into meaningful solutions
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with a wide range of partners to drive decision making
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Familiarity with NetSuite a plus
- Sound understanding of accounting principles required
THE EXTRA PERKS
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance provided
- Company matched 401k contribution
- Profit sharing
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement program
- Life Insurance
- Health and wellness benefits including discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Disability Insurance
- Virtual agency-wide socials and events
- Casual dress – come as you are