Financial Analyst at Litera
Our Story: Litera, headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a fast-growing software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving over 90% of the world's largest law firms, our software is used by hundreds of thousands of lawyers every day. As a company recently selected for Crain's Best Places to Work in Chicago, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership all contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and can make a direct impact on the future of the company.
The Opportunity: You will play a key role in contributing to the success of an exciting and fast-paced global organization. This role will require you to partner with leaders across the organization and provide in-depth analysis of the P&L, annual recurring revenue (ARR), customer retention, in addition to creating and maintaining predictive models to support critical business decisions.
This is an excellent opportunity for a forward-looking individual to leverage their understanding of financial data to drive decision making as Litera grows. This position reports to the Senior Director of FP&A.
A Day in the Life:
- Company's expert on Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) and Customer Retention metrics.
- Identification of any inaccurate or missing Salesforce activity during daily ARR and customer retention analysis.
- Partner with the Business Unit leaders to drive customer retention improvement.
- Prepare monthly reporting and support meetings with Business Unit leaders to ensure visibility to trends and financial performance versus targets.
- Assist in maintaining and updating a 3-statement rolling forecast model to provide an ongoing forward view of projected performance, based on actual performance to date and up-to-date assumptions.
- Analyze complex financial information to provide accurate and timely financial reporting to functional leaders to drive data-based decision making across the company.
- Support the Senior Director of FP&A in the annual budget process, working closely with each Business Unit Leader to build a bottom-up budget.
- Assist in preparing financial models and support the business in assessment of potential M&A activity.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Complete onboarding process.
- Meet with Business Unit leaders to learn more about their Business Unit and determine how to be an effective partner.
- Transition responsibilities from interim Financial Analyst Consultant.
- Familiarize yourself with the financial systems (NetSuite, Salesforce, Prophix, and Tableau).
- A general understanding of the high-priority projects on the horizon.
- Gain an understanding of the current state of the forecasting process.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Forecast revenue, ARR, customer retention, and expenses for entire business.
- Fully understand how to leverage Tableau and Salesforce to drive ARR reporting and analysis.
- Prepare monthly reporting packages for Business Unit and functional leaders including detailed financial analysis.
- Support 5 day monthly accounting close process to ensure accuracy.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Identify areas for improvement with the current forecasting process and implement changes. This includes all financial statements and ARR reporting and will carry through to the next budget cycle.
- Identify opportunities to become more efficient through reporting automation.
- Support the Senior Director of FP&A in preparing all recurring board and lender reporting.
- Undergraduate degree with focus in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent work experience
- FP&A experience with prior industry experience (SaaS background preferred)
- Strong Excel and analytical skills including financial modelling/analysis experience
- Proficient in US GAAP
- Extremely high attention to detail; completes work accurately and has good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels
- Ability to set and meet deadlines including ability to manage multiple tasks to completion at the same time
- A strong desire to keep learning new things!
What Sets us Apart?
- Opportunity to make a difference in a rapidly growing company
- You will be challenged and encouraged to broaden your skills
- Direct exposure to Executive leadership team.
- Great health benefits, PTO, and holiday policies
- Casual and flexible work environment