- Job Description:
About Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 3,000+ employees in 200+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $23 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Guaranteed Rate has been able to expand successfully nationwide through a business model that allows top originators to join the company and close more loans faster through its technology, pricing, process and support. The company now has more top loan originators in the annual national rankings from mortgage industry publications Mortgage Executive, Scotsman Guide and Origination News than any other bank or mortgage company. Having gone through explosive growth Guaranteed Rate has maintained being highly entrepreneurial while maintaining a healthy work life balance. If you’re interested in working with motivated and intelligent people while disrupting an industry then we want to talk with you.
- Gather and analyze data in order to make financial or business recommendations.
- Track and analyze fluctuations in expenses and revenues.
- Prepare and distribute monthly P&L’s to Sales and Executive Management.
- Research and communicate results with management.
- Assist with Month-End Close.
- Ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Experience in Mortgage or Financial Services preferred, but not required
- Financial Reporting and Analysis experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel
- An effective problem solver who is highly intelligent and well organized
- Excellent communicator – must possess strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, time management, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Capability of dealing with multiple personalities at all levels of the organization/department
- Proven aptitude to learn quickly and handle a fast-paced, fluid workload