Truss is a leading online marketplace to help small and medium sized business owners find, tour and lease space. Our tech-enabled platform and our people help you find the right space for the best price in record time. Our technology enables business owners to find the right space confidently by comparing spaces in our marketplace. Truss also offers dedicated brokers who act as the point person throughout the seamless process. Plus, we are the only platform to offer price transparency for small business owners, which means we’re the only site to compare pricing on traditional office space and coworking space.
To date, Truss has received $24 million of venture funding and has grown rapidly to over 45 employees in just over 2 years. Truss offers a culture that is based on growth and innovation and offers terrific benefits including a 401k match, low-cost healthcare benefits, and the ability to lay the groundwork for growth with a world-class tech team. And the industry has taken notice – we won CREtech Awards for Best Listing Marketplace and Tech-Enhance Brokerage, along with a Chicago Innovation Award.
For more information about Truss, visit us at www.truss.co.
Truss is seeking a Finance Analyst to handle tactical aspects of the company’s financial management and reporting needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Full cycle bookkeeping, including entry of payables and receivables into financial systems (QB).
- Manage all aspects of A/R, A/P and billing.
- Receive, approve and when needed, investigate client’s account payable invoices. This includes tracking and reporting of payables.
- Handle all payroll information and work with ADP services for payroll entry.
- Reconcile corporate credit card statements.
- Manage (including data entry) employee expense approvals and inclusion in payroll.
- General ledger maintenance.
- Ensure that records are maintained according to GAAP.
- Maintaining and filing of material corporate documents.
- Assist in all areas of operation as requested by management.
- Current financial professional with at least 2-3 years of financial job experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business.
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment with fluctuating priorities.
- Experience in a marketplace, E-commerce and/or service business.
- Extremely proficient with Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work without direct supervision and efficiently manage tasks and meet deadlines.
- Process and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Attractive compensation + bonus plan and group benefits (which include health, dental, vision, short-term disability, voluntary life insurance, Flexible Spending, 401(k) match and an expense account).