Financial Analyst at Tribune Publishing
Tribune Publishing is seeking a highly motivated Financial Analyst to provide financial, analytical, and strategic support for Tribune Content Agency (TCA) and other niche digital businesses. TCA provides quality content solutions for publishers around the globe. Working with a vast collection of the world’s best sources, we deliver a daily news service and syndicated premium content to more than 2,000 media and digital information publishers in nearly 100 countries.
In this position, the analyst has responsibility for oversight of the entire TCA P&L including revenue and expense forecasting, client billing, royalty processing, and AP/AR monitoring. This position will support operating managers with data analysis and presentation of revenue streams, plans, forecasts, goals, and strategic investments. The financial analyst will contribute to the development of operating and strategic plans. The analyst will work with, and work to improve, databases, controls, and analytical systems used in financial planning and revenue reporting with a variety of systems to efficiently meet information, reporting, and decision making requirements.
- Serve as financial liaison for TCA, the Daily Meal, and Active Times facilitating budget planning, month end close, and ad hoc financial requests.
- Assist with monthly forecast process; prepare trend analysis, investigate, report on, and make recommendations when variances exist.
- Assist with the development and execution of the annual operating plan process.
- Administration and oversight of monthly/quarterly client billing and royalty calculations.
- Monitors AP/AR balances, bad debt reserves, and provides management with requisite reporting to assist in collection efforts.
- Serve as primary liaison for both internal and external financial, SOX, and other audits.
- Build and enhance financial models and reports used to forecast and report the company’s financials, strategic plan, and other key business metrics.
- Develop and implement relevant performance management metrics and business analytics to track performance and strategy implementation.
- Responsible for ad hoc reporting, analysis and projects for management.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting with two years related business experience
- Advanced level proficiency with MS Office (pivot tables, lookups, advanced summing functions)
- Oracle and Salesforce experience preferred but not required
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify potential financial risks and opportunity; strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to multitask, manage time effectively, and operate with a sense of urgency.
- The preferred candidate will demonstrate attention to detail, the ability to deal with ambiguity, and can work successfully and effectively on cross functional teams.