OneSpan is currently looking to expand its Finance Operations team. The Director of Financial Operations will be responsible for leading the global Order Administration, Billing and Collections processes.
Must have a strong strategic, big picture perspective combined with a service-oriented mindset coupled with an attention to detail and a “roll-up-the-sleeves” mentality.
The ideal candidate will be a relationship builder. The Financial Operations Director, must be able to develop relationship across the organization including legal, sales, logistics, IT, and other Finance teams. This position will partner with the Accounting team to ensure proper accounting rules are followed, the accounting records are complete and accurate and revenue recognition policies are maintained and followed.
This role is focused on transactional processes. This leader must be adept at developing, improving and maintaining transactional processes that provides for efficiency while guaranteeing accuracy and completeness. The successful candidate must be accustomed to using technology to accomplish routine tasks as well leveraging existing and new technology to improve, replace or expand processes and services.
The Financial Operations Director, is located in our Chicago office and will report directly to the Global Controller and work closely with the Senior Manager of Revenue, and the Senior Manager of Internal Audit. The position provides opportunities for career growth and making a difference to the success of OneSpan.
- This position “owns” all processes related to the order to cash process. This includes all domestic and foreign operations.
- Design and implement new processes, policies, procedures and implement new technology to enable greater efficiency & scalability as well as enhance the adequacy and effectiveness in the controls within the company’s processes.
- Drive customer experience and service improvements across the team – requires managing the process from ideation through implementation and measurement of results.
- Engage with senior business leaders to define long term strategic plans and integrated process, data and technology roadmaps to optimize operations.
- Provide leadership in establishing vision and goals with a track record of developing high-caliber teams and individual professionals. Works to develop talent providing meaningful development experiences for employees and advancing the collective caliber of human capital within the finance organization.
- Establish, administer, and maintain metrics to measure and track performance of the team. Measure performance against standards and drive continuous improvement. Design and prepare clear and accurate reporting and KPI Metrics to department, business units and executive management.
- This leader is responsible for interpreting customer contracts to understand billing requirements and provide for proper revenue recognition.
- BA/BS in accounting, finance, economics, or related required.
- At least 8-10 years of progressively responsible financial operations with a background within a multi-national, multi-location environment with a high volume of transactions.
- Must possess strong project management skills and the ability to manage and prioritize numerous projects under various deadlines and time constraints.
- SOX experience within publicly traded companies.
- Relevant certifications (MBA, CPA, CFA, CTP) preferred.
- Six Sigma certification a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging technology to arrive at creative, value enhancing solutions. This includes working experience with modern billing technologies and BI tools, and an ability to creatively solve problems through the use of data and analytics.
- Proven experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement, utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change and automation.
- Deep and innate operational orientation, with a keen ability to drive results and improvements across the business.
- Experience managing cross-functional initiatives that are focused on improving the end to end customer experience and drive efficiency, scalability, and automation in billing.
- Ability to translate business requirements into process design options that are cost effective, efficient, and repeatable that enhance the business process
- Sees opportunities for strategy and integration where others can’t, can simplify complex processes, gets more out of fewer resources.
- Team builder able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus.
- Proven leadership and coaching skills, including the ability to energize and motivate staff. Comfortable to work across a number of teams, both physically and virtually, within a multi layered organization.
- Confident and willing to express contrary opinions, while also being open to divergent opinions without being defensive. Comfortable taking professional risks with the objective of creating value.
- Proven proficiency working and communicating effectively with global teams where the majority of interaction is electronic or via audio visual platforms.
- Experienced user of Excel, PowerPoint, and accounting systems applications, Workday preferred.
- Experience with business intelligence and data analytics a plus.
We offer YOU the opportunity to protect the world from digital fraud. You hold significant responsibility and accountability; your work makes an impact. We move quickly to stay on top of the latest technology and industry trends which inform and help your work. If you want to join a team that helps organizations secure their digital transformation, we want to “meet” you!
We know it takes people with a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures to make our company succeed. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a variety of views, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services.
OneSpan is an Equal Opportunity employer including Disability/Veterans