Financial Planning and Analysis Manager at Paylocity
Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
This high-profile position will manage a team of analysts that is responsible for all aspects of budgeting, forecasting and analysis for the operations group (Implementation, Customer Service, and other operations related groups) of the Company. The FP&A Manager works directly with the Director of FP&A to develop and execute strategic financial goals, which are then utilized to create the annual budget and subsequent monthly forecasts. The FP&A Manager will also work directly with the Accounting group to analyze monthly variances and review actual results. The position will have direct communication and will partner with Senior Management as well as regular direct interaction with the VP of FP&A and Investor Relations as well as CFO. The FP&A Manager will develop and maintain long-term models related to the P&L, Statement of Cash Flows and Balance Sheet. This role also requires the ability to multi-task and to develop strong working relationships with individuals across the organization. As Paylocity is a growing organization, the FP&A Manager is also tasked with developing and hiring staff as necessary
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Reports To: Director, Financial Planning and Analysis
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 40% -Develop the annual budget and quarterly forecasts, maintain financial projections
- 30% -Analysis of trends and impact on future results, further expand analysis and best practices
- 20% -Analytics and special projects
- 10% -Communication of results and projections
- Successful candidates in this role are inquisitive by nature and work to investigate and continuously learn about company practices and the competitive environment. They are forward looking and can quickly understand the important business drivers and information to help the Company be successful.
- Candidates also are careful and precise in their calculations of forecasts and analysis to ensure high accuracy and completeness. At the same time, they can convey financial concepts and activity to non-financial personnel in an effective manner. Lastly, they are task and deadline-oriented and do what it takes to meet timelines and deliverables.
- The most important task is to be able to develop sound accurate financial forecasts for the company’s financial results with a high degree of accuracy as well as to correctly identify business drivers and challenges so that the organization can head in the right direction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- Minimum 1-3 years FP&A Management Experience
- 7-10 years’ experience in Finance or Accounting; preferably in a high growth public company environment (technology sector preferred)
- Familiarity with developing/maintaining operations headcount labor models
- Experience working with C-suite executives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop planning calendars and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with others, including non-Finance personnel
- Advanced knowledge of MS office, especially Excel
- CPA and/or MBA desired
- Experience with NetSuite accounting and/or Vena forecasting software a plus!
- Big 4 experience desired
- Strong communication skills
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.