Financial Reporting Accountant at Guaranteed Rate
About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is the 5th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $37 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
What's the Role?
As a Financial Reporting Accountant, you will play an integral role in all aspects of financial reporting, including consolidated financial statements, subsidiary reporting, quarterly regulatory filings, board reports, audit support, and shareholder reporting packages.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work closely with Controller and Chief Accounting Officer to develop company financial reports
- Research and resolve day-to-day financial reporting issues and assist with new transactions to ensure proper application of US GAAP and industry reporting requirements.
- Prepare monthly financial and quarterly financial statements, both business segment reporting and consolidated.
- Assist in the creation of financial reporting-related policies and procedures.
- Responsible for various monthly close activities.
- Track and analyze fluctuations in expenses and revenues and provide insightful financial analysis including explanations of variance from expected to actual.
- Ad hoc projects and analytic reporting requests
- Assist in preparation of investor certifications, warehouse renewals, and monthly covenant calculations
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Public Accounting experience preferred.
- CPA designation preferred.
- Experience in Mortgage or Financial Services preferred, but not required
- Financial Reporting and Analysis experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel
- Possess strong business acumen with the ability to effectively address both financial and operational challenges.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative.
- Strong organizational, time management, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills
- Attention to detail, data driven and hands-on.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Proven aptitude to learn quickly and handle a fast-paced, fluid workload
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.