Financial Reporting Manager at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a Financial Reporting Manager in Chicago, IL or remote
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Financial Reporting Manager to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
As an integral member of the VillageMD Finance team, you will partner with our Controller and Finance team members in leading the review and compliance of existing and proposed regulations, and the preparation of quarterly and annual reports, while providing guidance to the organization. In this role, you will experience a broad exposure to many areas within VillageMD and the opportunity to learn in grow in a fast paced and explosively growing entity.
How you can make a difference
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements and disclosures
- Compile supporting documentation for financial statements and disclosures
- Support external auditor quarterly reviews and annual audits by preparing documentation requested by the audit firm
- Determine the impact from accounting and financial statement changes such as acquisitions, divestitures, discontinued operations, and segment reporting
- Lead the review of existing and proposed regulations of the FASB, SEC, and/or other authoritative bodies that formulate or have jurisdiction over financial reporting or accounting matters that will impact the Company
- Develop the Company's position relative to financial reporting and accounting issues, and review responses to authoritative rule-making bodies when appropriate in an effort to affect the final outcome.
- Keep up to date on new innovative accounting and reporting tools and reviews proposed or alternate accounting and financial reporting processes.
Skills for success
- A willingness to learn, take initiative and be resourceful
- A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- Ability to solve problems, and establish trust
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
- Experience in a healthcare setting preferred
- A desire to drive results, execute on tasks, and prioritize deadlines
- A desire to innovate and improve, and build relationships internally and externally
Experience to drive change
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA or CPA in process preferred
- Big 4 or mid-size firm public accounting experience preferred
- Experience preparing quarterly and annual SEC compliant financial statements and disclosures
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and analysis for complex technical matters
- Comfortable explaining accounting positions and/or disclosure requirements to senior leaders in a non-technical manner
- Understanding of the big picture of the Company and its financial statements in order to interpret and apply accounting and financial theories and concepts
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles as well as SEC accounting and reporting issues applicable to the Company
- Knowledge of accounting systems and ability to run reports to support financial statements and disclosures
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.