Venmo is continuously innovating and launching new features that make Venmo the wallet of choice to all users. The Financial Services team is instrumental in driving this strategy, supporting both P2P and purchase transactions with the delivery and management of Venmo-branded debit, credit and direct deposit products to help users Pay with Venmo everywhere.
The Commercial Manager will partner with Venmo’s Product organization to deliver and execute against a roadmap and directly manage the P&L for the Financial Services team’s product line. This is a highly cross-functional role that will require frequent collaboration with teams including Finance, Marketing, Risk, Operations, Sales and Data to ensure the successful launch, adoption, performance and optimization of products.
You will heavily rely on data, market research and user feedback to identify and prioritize initiatives for the business. The ideal candidate has exceptional analytical and communication skills as well as the desire and ability to drive projects forward by deftly influencing cross-functional leaders.
- Drive outcomes for Financial Services product lines, including launch and prioritization of new features
- Monitor key metrics and synthesize conclusions of data into actionable product plans
- Orchestrate product and process enhancements to drive measurable business performance improvements
- Conduct user surveys and interviews to facilitate insights and decision making
- Spearhead strategy to grow product lines, including roadmap development, feature set requirements and go-to-market planning
- Identify new opportunities and determine potential for revenue generation and adoption. Influence leadership and partner organizations to secure prioritization for high impact items
- Establish ongoing industry assessments to identify trends, product / experience gaps and competitive threats
Performance measurement & reporting
- Utilize data to build insights about business performance across Financial Services product lines
- Oversee product metrics including top line revenue, profitability and customer experience
- Coordinate with Finance team on establishing targets, including annual budget and monthly forecasts
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to make quick decisions in complex environments (e.g., across product lines, geographies, pricing levers etc.)
- Proven track record of owning and executing on large cross-functional initiatives, projects or products and delivering results
- Significant experience in financial modeling, data analysis, and the ability to leverage analytics to drive sound decision-making
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Ability to manage and negotiate with external partners
- Experience managing high performing team – either directly or indirectly
- Experience working in high-growth, performance-focused environments
- Innovative, self-motivated, collaborative, and capable of dealing with complex organizations
- 5+ years experience in management consulting, payments, banking and/or technology
- MBA preferred