Financial Systems Analyst
The primary responsibilities for this position include supporting the technical framework of Groupon’s global ERP solution (NetSuite OneWorld), developing & executing test plans for patches / product enhancements, and acting as liaison between IT and our global accounting team’s to define business requirements and maintain accounting-related tools.
This role will report to the Manager of Financial Systems and be based in Chicago, IL USA.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as first line of support to provide issue resolution for NetSuite application users.
- Support the accounting teams through month-end, quarterly, and annual financial close activities.
- Identify new system requirements, determine impact on existing systems & business processes, and develop appropriate specifications for product enhancement requests.
- Provide occasional training for ERP system users globally.
- Create ad-hoc reporting and queries to assist finance teams and business stakeholders.
- Provide regular updates to management on issues arising from end users.
- Communicate with multiple departments within the organization to resolve any global issues.
Desirable candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years of experience in financial systems, accounting or finance.
- Experience with large ERP Tools/Applications required - NetSuite and/or Oracle experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – proven ability to effectively translate technical information to non-technical individuals
- Experience of working with remote employees and contractors in different time zones (USA, Asia, Latin America) is highly desirable
- Positive attitude, strong analytical and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn new processes quickly and manage/prioritize multiple work streams effectively
- Experience building complex reports, dashboards, and scorecards is helpful
- Strong initiative and the desire to see a project through until completion.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills a must
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.