Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest-growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a FP&A Manager at Clearcover?
Our team is looking for an exceptional FP&A Manager for our dynamic & fast-paced environment. The FP&A Manager leads financial planning, analysis and forecasting for the organization, providing timely, accurate, and insightful information to senior management and investors. The ideal candidate will take an analytical approach to the role and excel at synthesizing basic financial and operating data to provide insightful, actionable information to drive improved organizational performance.
The FP&A Manager will be responsible for identifying and understanding key drivers of the business, developing relevant metrics to track performance, and incorporating those into operating budgets and quarterly forecasts, thorough variance analysis, and Board material preparation. The FP&A Manager will partner with and support key business leaders and initiatives throughout the organization. This position will initially report directly to the CFO.
What will you do?
- Drive the annual budget planning cycle and quarterly forecast updates down to the department level
- Build and oversee monthly financial operating model
- Participate in the development of monthly and quarterly operating reviews
- Perform ad hoc analyses to support departmental and business development initiatives
- Participate in corporate development activities including capital raising and M&A
- Manage and train a team of Financial Analysts
What skills are required?
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field is preferred
- 4+ years of experience working in investment banking or corporate FP&A
- 5-7 years of FP&A experience
- Management experience
- Expert modeling (three statement) and Excel skills are an absolute must-have
- Solid accounting knowledge
- Strong analytical skills, organization, and curiosity to develop new methods and processes
- Must be self-motivated, creative, detail-oriented and able to work independently to meet deadlines within time constraints
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate with people across all areas of the organization
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium, 75% of your dependents and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- While we don't match yet, our 401(K) is pretty slick
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- And yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social