At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
General Ledger Programmer can be 100% remote
Are you stuck in a corporate accounting position and dream about using your accounting knowledge to leverage yourself into an information technology role?
If you see yourself as your accounting group’s super-geek and want to take it to the next level, you need to look at the Paylocity G/L team.
Paylocity’s G/L team takes cutting edge Microsoft Reporting technology and the SQL data access language and combines it with your accounting knowledge to bring solutions to our diverse group of customers.
The programmer will be responsible for using system tools, SQL, and in some cases high-level language tools to develop custom solutions for our Payroll and HR system customers. They additionally may be required to interact with clients to gather requirements and will be developing solutions using financial and mathematical concepts.
- Interface with customer payroll data to produce customized reports and payroll ledger information using SQL and Reporting programs.
- Set client expectations of dates for different milestones in the process.
- Programming of General Ledger Rules.
- Creation of SQL Server Stored Procedures.
- Creation of SQL Server Reporting Services Reports.
- Learn the use and configuration of XSLT translation routines.
- Work with customers to obtain final signoff/Turnover of G/L report and interface.
- Test reports and system configurations and troubleshoot problems, with support if needed.
- Explain rules, interfaces, and reports to customers to ensure that the projects meet customer needs, with support if needed.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure database setup accuracy, with support if needed.
- Participate in 90-day On Boarding program to verify a clear understanding of product, role, and department.
- Productivity objective: Successfully complete 29 projects per month accurately, with minimal supervision.
- One year experience in an accounts payable/payroll/general ledger function or a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- One year work experience with SQL or other programming tasks or a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Familiarity with general ledger accounting principles is required. One of the most important tasks that a programmer performs is the definition and setup of General Ledger reporting in the payroll system.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of General Ledger principles by passing a basic accounting test.
- Knowledge of data retrieval from a relational database, (such as Access or SQL server), is required as all of the work done will involve the retrieval and modification of data from relational databases.
- Ability to demonstrate a basic knowledge of SQL including passing a basic SQL test.
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Check out our many Awards here!!
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.
At Paylocity, “We” is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.