Head of Investor Relations at OppFi
OppFi is a leading financial technology platform that powers banks to help the everyday consumer gain access to credit. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, OppFi helps consumers who are turned away by traditional providers build a better financial path. OppFi is an Inc. 5000 company for five straight years, a Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, and the seventh fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain's Chicago Business. The company was also named on Forbes America 2021 list of America's Best Startup Employers and Built In's 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago. We welcome individuals to join us in facilitating financial inclusion and credit access for everyday consumers to live the life they deserve.
OppFi is a team of caring, innovative, and inclusive individuals with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Our employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every day and know you are a part of making a difference. Our company values guide us and create an open and collaborative culture where we hold the door, say what we see, do what we say, and dare to win together!
What we are looking for:
To bring on a strategic Head of Investor Relations. As a public company, we now require an in-house Investor Relations department to tell our story to Wall Street and increase shareholder value. The key drivers of this role are to drive increased public awareness of OppFi leading to meaningful growth in our average daily trading volume, solidify our investor base, and increase sell-side research coverage.
- Lead the development of a robust investor relations strategy and framework for OppFi including augmenting relationships with sell-side analysts, current investors, and future investors
- Develop a best-in-class framework for earnings presentation identifying key KPIs the Company would report on and highlight unique differentiators of the OppFi platform
- Serve as a primary point of contact with key internal and external stakeholders to build, develop, maintain, and enhance relationships with these stakeholders
- Clearly articulate the Company’s strategy, progress against KPIs, and financial performance to the investor community, thereby providing investors with accurate, useful, and relevant information about our strategy and vision
- Lead competitive benchmarking and identify successful strategies to best present the Company’s narrative
What you will bring to the team:
- 10+ years of progressively responsible business experience in Investor Relations
- Industry experience in consumer lending, either on the buy-side or sell-side
- Experience interacting with and supporting CEO and CFO in investor/analyst conferences and leading Company Analyst Days
- Experience building an IR function from the ground-up or partnering with an IR team through a prior senior FP&A or VP Finance position
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with sell-side analysts, investors, and senior management
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and work proactively with other functions to understand the company's story and vision
- Notable executive presence with the ability to speak confidently and clearly about the company’s strategic vision
- Strong financial and investment analysis capabilities, including experience with financial modeling and valuation techniques.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: positive, people-oriented, and collaborative
- Commitment to excellence and highly driven by results and improvement
- Desire to positively impact a geographical and culturally diverse environment
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Job Level: Senior Director
The minimum base salary for this role is $186,000. The total compensation package includes eligibility for performance-based bonuses as well as a 1-time equity grant based on level.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations.Define your career at OppFi
OppFi is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience from Day 1. Key new hire programs include Day 1 Orientation, training with your manager and team, lunches with our CEO and President, and an educational summit featuring presentations by our senior leaders. Throughout and beyond your first-year journey, you'll have access to a variety of events focused on culture, inclusion, connection, and education. We want you to feel welcomed, informed, and valued for who you are and what you bring to our company.
- Day 1 - Month 3: Define Your Mission
You’ll understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your position at OppFi plays a part in that. With the help of your manager, you’ll set mission-aligned goals to make an impact in your role.
- Months 3 - 6: Define Your Belonging
You’ll understand OppFi’s culture and know how to engage with and influence that culture.
- Months 6 - 12: Define Your Journey
You’ll feel confident in your ability to execute in your role and empowered to take next steps in developing your career at OppFi.
OppFi offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness & growth, we provide monthly meditation and yoga classes and access to all LinkedIn Learning courses. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.EEOC Statement:
OppFi is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any actual or perceived legally recognized protected bases under local, state, or federal law or regulations. Our goal as a company is to build an equitable workplace that actively works to dismantle systems of oppression in our processes, procedures, and interactions. We aim to help our employees thrive where they work and beyond. Check out our Culture page here.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFi will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].