About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is the 7th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $24 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
Who is GR?
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We’re technology driven, have tons of energy and we love what we do – great people and great products alongside our impeccable customer service (83 NPS, unheard of!). We’re in a Ravenswood loft style office building with exposed brick and duct work, and windows we can actually open during the summer. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Not just major holidays, we have any holiday parties -- Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day, you get the picture.
- Access to our free nurse practitioner/acupuncturist and massage therapist.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health care coverage – dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance and a 401(k) plan.
- Best of all, we help you become a homeowners with a big fat employee discount on the origination fees. Already own? We offer discounted refinances through Guaranteed Rate.
What's the Role?
We are currently seeking a hard-working, dedicated Internal Auditor to join our innovative and passionate team.
- Conduct financial, operational, and IT audits, as well as business process reviews, in accordance with the annual Internal Audit workplan.
- Perform internal audit work in an efficient and timely manner to ensure completion of audit projects in accordance with the annual Internal Audit plan.
- Assess and document business processes to ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively and efficiently.
- Complete internal audit work papers and reports that clearly and concisely describe issues identified (implications to the business unit and company as a whole).
- Provide value-added recommendations to improve the effectiveness or efficiency of controls / business processes.
- Develop reports and presentations on audit issues and recommendations for presentation to senior / executive management.
- Communicate project status to key internal/external contacts and audit management as needed.
- Participate in special projects or other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Mortgage experience preferred but not required.
- At least one of the following certifications (preferred, not required): Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) – or working to achieve.
- Knowledge of accounting, finance, and internal control areas is preferred, as is comprehension of internal auditing standards, generally accepted accounting principles, SOX, COSO, and risk assessment practices.
- Possess strong analytical skills and demonstrate ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision, but also be able to work closely with other team members.
- Ability to innovate and/or think outside of the box to enhance the internal audit function.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason prohibited by law.