We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a growing, socially responsible, and profitable FinTech company that is one of the highest-rated and best-in-class online finance platforms and service providers in the industry. OppLoans offers consumers a simple and responsible source of funding when faced with financial emergencies. We continue to experience growth year over year with profitable returns each year. Employees can make an immediate effect in a growth stage company.
What you get to do:
The Bankruptcy and Wage assignment Administrative Advocate is held to a new set of standards within the Financial Service Industry. As a member of the Customer Advocate team, the Bankruptcy and Wage assignment Administrative Advocate will manage all of involving Opploans’ internal Bankruptcy and Wage assignment process. The advocates specific job functions are as follows:
- Build the bankruptcy processes and procedures used for our entire customer portfolio
- Oversee the relationship with bankruptcy vendors
- Maintain data integrity in the MSP, LPS, PACER and NDC
- Collaborate with Training and Quality Assurance departments to ensure training materials are distributed and adhered to by both the floor and the arrangements teams
- Create QA and analyses for daily, short-term, and long-term bankruptcy procedures
- Complete Proof of Claims for petitioned customers
- Manage wage assignment revocation process regarding BK filings and borrower requests
- Handle weekly Wage Assignment letters.
- Send a weekly Letter of Intent report to DMS
- Send a weekly Letter of Demand report to DMS
- Draft and send release letters via email and mail
- Keep and monitor Wage Assignment Accounts to ensure accuracy
- Sorting and organizing mail pertaining to Wage Assignments, along with updating accounts
- Respond to inquiries from; Customer Advocates, Legal department, and Compliance
- Assist with legal collections
What you will bring to the team:
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2-year minimum experience with: a call center, bankruptcy, mortgage servicing, foreclosure, or origination
- Ability to complete novice to intermediate math problems
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities/tasks.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the team
- BA of Finance, Technology or related field
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google and the BBB! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
We offer a great compensation and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships and ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.