Manager, Accounting at OneSpan
OneSpan is currently looking to expand its Accounting team in North America. This Accounting Manager role will be responsible for assisting in the month-end close process and performing other advanced accounting related activities. You will work collaboratively with multiple team members to understand, assess, and improve accounting processes. This role will report to the Americas & APAC Controller and is based in Chicago.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Participate in the month-end close process by reviewing and approving journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Review balance sheet and income statement variances and prepare detailed analyses explaining the monthly and quarterly fluctuations.
- Monitor global intercompany activity and prepare intercompany reconciliations.
- Assist Controller in daily accounting activities and month-end closing procedures.
- Conduct process reviews, perform controls testing, remediate control failures and proactively assess changes to the overall control environment.
- Assist with internal and external audit requests, including quarterly reviews and the year-end audit.
- Engage with Finance and Tax departments by providing general ledger detail and analysis for financial performance.
- Specific projects and other ad hoc assignments as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA eligible, if not licensed
- Sound understanding of US GAAP
- Experience with general ledger/month-end close processes
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to manage others
- Prior consolidations experience and/or SEC reporting experience a plus
- Ability to work through ambiguity
- 6 to 8 years of accounting experience, public accounting experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Workday Financial Management a plus
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for the job
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-environment
- Ability to assume additional responsibilities over time
We offer YOU the opportunity to protect the world from digital fraud. You hold significant responsibility and accountability; your work makes an impact. We move quickly to stay on top of the latest technology and industry trends which inform and help your work. If you want to join a team that helps organizations secure their digital transformation, we want to “meet” you!
We know it takes people with a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures to make our company succeed. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a variety of views, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services.
OneSpan is an Equal Opportunity employer including Disability/Veterans.