Manager, ASC 740 Corporate Tax at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The ASC 740 Corporate Tax Manager's main responsibility will be the management and supervision of the quarterly and annual tax provision, including preparation of tax footnotes for the Company's 10-Q and 10-K filings with the SEC. This role will partner with the Company's financial reporting team, ensure all processes are performed pursuant to the Company's SOX controls, and satisfy all requests and requirements of the external audit firm. This role will participate in other federal, state and international tax planning and compliance projects.
The below represents the primary responsibilities of the position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Manage and assist in preparation of quarterly and annual income tax provision calculations including preparation of financial statement tax footnotes and disclosures pursuant to ASC 740
- Manage and assist with reconciliation of income tax related accounts and manage necessary tax journal entries
- Manage department procedures and controls to comply with Sarbanes Oxley
- Collaborate with internal (SOX) and external (financial statement) auditors to facilitate audits of internal controls and financial statements
- Lead efforts to provide insight and visibility to business partners regarding future taxes and impacts to cash flow, the P&L, deferred tax balances and ETR
- Assist with implementation of tax provision software, manage ongoing changes and maintenance, and focus on automating calculations in a controlled process
- Collaborate with accounting, financial reporting, and finance to increase information sharing and implement cross-functional processes
- Lead purchase accounting for new business acquisitions
- Participate in federal, state and international tax planning and advise internal partners on tax costs/opportunities of new business initiatives
- Manage and mentor a staff of tax professionals, including managing assignments to maximize productivity and developmental opportunities
- Provide training to team for technical and professional development
- Monitor and manage changes in tax legislation, update management and team about discovered modifications and impact to the business, and manage implementation of law changes into tax provision, planning and compliance
- Other duties and ad hoc projects, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA, required
- Master's Degree in Accounting or Tax, preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience
- 2+ years of supervisory experience, preferred
- OneSource Provision and CorpTax experience, preferred
- NetSuite experience a plus
- Intermediate to advanced level experience with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent written and verbal presentation and communication skills
- Highly organized and able to multitask within a deadline-driven environment
- Forward thinking and creative mindset with excellent analytical skills
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.