Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis at PowerStop
Ready to shift your career in high-gear? Be part of this private equity backed, high-growth company providing specialized, high-performance automotive aftermarket equipment. This is a NEW position and you can help write the script, for your own growth and the company's!
Reporting to the VP. Finance and Accounting, The Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) will be a key contributor to the company. This position plays a key role in developing and implementing company's financial and strategic plans and formulating their financial plan, fiscal budget, and forecasts. This position is responsible for financial planning and analytical support to drive business growth. This role also provides management information through monthly and quarterly business performance reporting and insights.
The desired candidate will have demonstrated success in previous finance roles in a fast-paced environment. The proven candidate will have the ability to make a significant impact on driving company's strategy and shareholder value and grow within the Finance team.
• Complete/oversee monthly financial responsibilities for Corporate departments;
• Prepare variance analysis, budget development and forecasting, and monthly management presentation preparation;
• Serve as primary/initial point of contact with Corporate leaders on financial matters and related questions;
• Identify areas of opportunity and process improvement in areas of responsibility;
• Leverage statistical and operational data to draw correlation between periodic operational and financial results, providing greater insight and decision-making abilities to senior management;
• Identify, produce, and analyze key financial metrics (KPI's)
• Manage development of financial models; conduct bench marking and process analysis across multiple business segments;
• Provide forward-looking business support to leadership to help evaluate key strategic decisions, including pricing and business case analysis;
• Evaluate and suggest improvements of all current financial processes and systems and provide assistance to automate processes and implement systems;
• Assist in various ad hoc financial analysis, financial systems and process improvements, and special projects;
• Bachelor Degree; Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred;
• 5+ years of related professional work experience, distribution and e-commerce experience preferred;
• CPA or CFA designation preferred;
• FP&A experience with exposure to complex internal reporting and analytical processes and exposure to executive leadership;
• Ability to distill complex financial information to effectively communicate financial and accounting concepts to people with non-financial backgrounds;
• Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis;
• Strong initiative, follow through and ability to manage multiple projects with keen attention to detail and deadlines;
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality when working with sensitive and proprietary information;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, databases, and financial software applications, highly proficient in Excel;
• MS SQL experience, Power BI experience preferred;
• Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment;
The successful candidate must bring a high level of ethical, intellectual, professional and personal values including:
• Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively to achieve company business plan and goals. Assertive in style, but respectful of others, and skilled in navigating competing organizational priorities and agendas. Team-oriented with the ability to develop a team and coach others, and earn the respect of other team members
• Demonstrated ability to lead and drive execution. Possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills needed to effectively share and engage internal stakeholders and clinical areas with the most relevant data. Must contribute and thrive in a dynamic high paced environment.
• A strategic thinker regarding competitive strategy, business models and financial management
• High energy, self-motivated, and hands-on management style working with all levels of the organization to drive performance and continuous improvement using an analytic and metrics based approach