Manager Financial Planning and Analysis at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management. But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
This high-profile position is responsible for all aspects of budgeting, forecasting and analysis for assigned groups within the company, and will have the opportunity to manage analysts on the team. The FP&A Manager works directly with the Director of FP&A to develop and execute strategic financial goals, which are then utilized to create the annual budget, subsequent monthly forecasts and long-term models. The FP&A Manager will also work directly with the Accounting group to analyze monthly variances and review actual results. Results versus plan are communicated to management through monthly and quarterly slide decks with action plans developed and monitored to take corrective actions where necessary. The position will have direct communication and will partner with Senior Management as well as regular direct interaction with the SVP of Finance as well as CFO. This role also requires the ability to multi-task and to develop strong working relationships with individuals across the organization. As Paylocity is a growing organization, the FP&A Manager is also tasked with developing and hiring staff as necessary.
Location: Schaumburg, IL - Work From Home 2 to 3 days per week
Reports to: Director of FP&A
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 40% - Develop the annual budget and quarterly forecasts, maintain financial projections
- 30% - Analysis of trends and impact on future results, further expand analysis and best practices
- 20% - Analytics and special projects
- 10% - Communication of results and projections
- Successful candidates in this role are inquisitive by nature and work to investigate and continuously learn about company practices and the competitive environment. They are excited by the opportunity of a high growth company. Candidates should be forward looking and can quickly understand the important business drivers and information to help the Company be successful.
- Candidates also are careful and precise in their calculations of forecasts and analysis to ensure high accuracy and completeness. At the same time, they can convey financial concepts and activity to non-financial personnel in an effective manner. Lastly, they are task and deadline-oriented and do what it takes to meet timelines and deliverables.
- The most important task is to be able to develop sound accurate financial forecasts for the company's financial results with a high degree of accuracy as well as to correctly identify business drivers and challenges so that the organization can head in the right direction.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required
- 1 - 3 years FP&A management experience
- 5 - 7(+) years in a similar role; preferably in a high growth public company environment (technology sector preferred)
- Familiarity with developing/maintaining operations headcount labor models
- Experience working with C-suite executives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop planning calendars and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with others, including non-Finance personnel
- Advanced knowledge of MS office, especially Excel
- Experience with NetSuite accounting and/or Vena forecasting software a plus!
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
- Self-Motivated - you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable - quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized - detail-oriented is your thing!
- MS Office applications - are no sweat when it comes to your skillset
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture. We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. At Paylocity, we believe diversity makes us better.
We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, culture, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion or spiritual belief, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. We actively cultivate these differences through our employee resource groups (ERGs), employee experiences, perspectives, talents, and approaches to drive innovation in the software and services we provide our customers.