Manager, Revenue Accounting & Operations at SPINS LLC
SPINS is seeking a Manager of Revenue Accounting & Operations to lead our revenue accounting, billing and collections functions.Who we are.
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.What you will do.
The Manager of Revenue Accounting & Operations is responsible for oversight of monthly revenue activities, performs analysis and accounting research around revenue transactions, maintains and develops sound internal controls and policies and procedures in support of revenue recognition, work with external auditors and performs special projects on an as needed basis.
- Manages a team of order-to-cash professionals that includes their coaching, development and performance management.
- Assist with month-end close deliverables and prepare and review journal entries, account reconciliations, and fluctuation analyses
- Implements new systems, or support changes to existing systems, as they relate to order-to-cash and revenue recognition.
- Develops and maintains revenue recognition policies and procedures including formal documentation of the policies and procedures along with governance around revenue recognition practices.
- Assist with development of accounting policies, white papers, and system implementation to support adoption of the new revenue recognition standard (ASC 606)
- Performs accounting research on unusual or complex revenue transactions and determine the appropriate accounting, focusing on areas such as allocation of sales dollars, discounts, vendor-specific objective evidence requirements, and overall economics.
- Perform contract reviews to determine the appropriate accounting treatment & document conclusions
- Work with sales, sales & finance operations and legal during contract negotiations and provide suggestions and assistance to optimize the economic value of contracts.
- This role will be a key stakeholder in establishing and leading the Company’s Deal Desk to collaborate with other stakeholders across the company (legal, sales, etc.) to influence critical behavior and process changes that could mitigate revenue recognition risks and enhance controls. This includes liaising with sales where needed on the appropriate structure of significant deals and ensuring the accounting implications are fully understood and communicated.
- Proactively advises management of the potential impact to revenue recognition of emerging technical guidance.
- Accounting degree required.
- Ideally 5+ years overall experience, with a mix of public accounting and industry revenue recognition work experience in a technology company.including managing people.
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce highly preferred.
- Ability to partner well with cross functional teams.
- Detailed knowledge of the new revenue standard (ASC 606) and relevant current accounting rules (e.g. SAB 104, ASC 605-25, ASC 605-50, ASU 2009-13, and ASC 985-605) relating to software, SaaS, and services revenue recognition.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized individual with the ability to manage multiple assignments and work with tight deadlines.
- Ability to expand job responsibilities, suggest improvements, and collaborate with others to generate ideas for improved processes.
- Strong systems and technology experience to enable you and your team to leverage process automation where you can drive ROI.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, collaboration and consultative skills. Inquisitive and positive mindset in approaching complex problems.
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k (Traditional and Roth) plus company match
- FSA for medical and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Bike storage
- Fresh and healthy snacks
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, company happy hours, product demos, outings, and more.