Office Manager / Bookkeeper at Sertifi
Sertifi is looking for a full-time and energetic office manager to join the Chicago (River North) office. The ideal candidate is a natural, self-starter with strong organizational skills and thrives in a busy, fast-paced environment.
The hired candidate will support our growing tech company through a blend of operations, administration, and special projects (including bookkeeping and HR administration).
• HR support – administer employee health plan and benefit programs, assists with new employee onboarding, provide administrative support to human resources function as needed (post job opportunities on hiring sites, find desk space for new hires, correspondence, record keeping, file maintenance, etc.)
• Processing payroll via SurePayroll
• Accounts receivable – collecting checks, processing checks, depositing checks, etc.
• Dealing with vendors on invoice discrepancies
• Marketing support – assist marketing team with trade show logistics and special projects (sending welcome gifts to new customers or partners and eGift cards to reviewers of Sertifi)
• Meeting support – assist in the preparation of company meetings and conference calls
• Facilities management – act as liaison with the landlord and service providers (internet, phone, utilities, maintenance, service, office furniture, office keys/electronic entry, etc.).
• Office equipment and supplies – maintain adequate inventory of office supplies and order office materials to budget, oversee and coordinate maintenance of office machines, follow through on maintenance agreements or contracts, track and submit invoices
• Coordinate travel – assist with booking, scheduling and communication activities associated with corporate travel as needed
• Coordinate company-wide annual meeting, quarterly team outings (happy hour, dinner, etc.) and weekly team lunches (every Thursday)
• Any special projects that ensure the office is running smoothly
• Bachelor's Degree
• Excellent knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in maintaining calendars, word processing, spreadsheets (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Experience with SurePayroll or other payroll administration software preferred
• Good budgeting and researching skills - find good vendors at fair prices
• Strong attention to detail in composing, typing and editing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Interact and communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization
More Reasons to Apply:
• Easy commute - located near Merchandise Mart in River North area
• Team-oriented/friendly environment
• Very casual dress code - wear jeans like everyone else!
• Weekly free team lunches on Thursdays
• Gaiam Chairs & POPCORN!
• Nice office views of Chicago
Sertifi helps organizations accelerate the last mile of the sales process by providing an integrated solution to send agreements, collect eSignatures, and capture PCI compliant payments. The closing solution allows sales teams to securely close deals and capture revenue faster, while delighting customers with a more convenient way to sign agreements and pay for products or services.
Sertifi is redefining the sales process by delivering innovative solutions that speed close times, reduce costs, increase security and compliance, and offer an easier way for people to conduct business with one another.