Guaranteed Rate is the 7th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $24 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
Reporting to the Manager of Payroll Operations, the Payroll Accountant is responsible for the end-to-end payroll processing for Guaranteed Rate, Inc.’s approx. 2,000 employees operating across 40+ states.
Education and /or Experience Required:
- 4 year college degree preferred.
- 1-3+ years solid experience with payroll processing and time keeping software.
- Experience using ADP Workforce Now or Ceridian Dayforce software preferred, though not required.
- Familiar with state and federal tax and wage laws.
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Excel; proficient in data entry and time management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to help a large employee base.
Essential Duties and Payroll Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain payroll records for approx. 2,000 employees, non-exempt employees.
- Responsible for tracking and auditing of employee timecards.
- Train managers & employees on timekeeping system, payroll practices and company requirements and policies.
- Approves, tracks, and audits payroll transactions; implements efficient payroll processes and audits.
- Review and submit semi-monthly non-exempt payroll file.
- Works with a sense of urgency to ensure payroll completeness and accuracy.
- Effectively communicates to employees, managers, and stakeholders on payroll deadlines to prevent disruption to the payroll process.
- Prepare reports (headcount, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for Management as needed.
- Ability to understand the interaction between the payroll and accounting functions.
- Supports the compensation & commissions teams to ensure seamless processing of bonuses and commission payments.
- Responds to employee inquiries, researches errors or omissions.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Prepare and issue off-cycle checks when needed.
- Must be hungry to learn, own their role, and accel at delivering an exceptional client service experience.
- Is ready to work for one the coolest companies in Chicago!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized and able to prioritize.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Able to maintain confidential posture and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to work successfully within a team environment, yet also able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.