Paylocity is a cloud-based payroll processing and software company that has revolutionized the industry since 1997. Paylocity leads the industry by combining cutting-edge products with outstanding customer service and has been recognized by local and national publications for successful innovation and growth.
Paylocity offers its employees exceptional culture, complete benefits, and opportunities for advancement – achievements affirmed by consistently high rankings by Glassdoor for Best Places to Work, Highest-Rated CEOs, and Best Places to Interview.
Paylocity is a company made up of people who love where they are and what they do. Join us!
Paylocity is looking for a Payroll Assistant located at our corporate headquarters in Schaumburg, to assist our Payroll Team in a pivotal support role. A successful candidate will be a professional self-starter capable of taking initiative, working independently and managing multiple projects in a high-volume, fast paced environment.
A keen eye for detail and organization is essential, as well as a high-level of professional communication as this role will work directly with management teams and sensitive employee data. As the Payroll Assistant, you will work directly for the Payroll Manager as a key member of our Finance group.
- Responsible for the review of timesheets; ensuring accuracy of approved timesheets and working with managers on time card issues.
- Responsible for garnishments, tax levies, bankruptcy cases, child support orders. Keeping track of all notices and following up with agencies.
- Responsible for tax roll forward report to accounting.
- Responsible for entering new hires and terminations in payroll template. Reviewing date against offer letters.
- Responsible for mailing payroll, agency and tax checks.
- Provides recommendations on process improvements to Corporate Payroll Manager.
- Responds to all employee inquiries.
- Prepare Bi-Weekly expense payroll.
- Present payroll slideshow at NEO as requested
- Back up to the Payroll Administrator and Lead when applicable
Experience and Skills:
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience processing multi-state payroll
- Experience processing in-house bi-weekly payrolls with more than 1000 employees a plus
- Prior experience with Paylocity Web Pay, and Web Time a plus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Excellent problem solving skills and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office – especially excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines