Payroll Operations Specialist, Banking at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
The Payroll Operations Specialist will ensure timely communication and resolution of all banking and payroll tax related matters. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining up to date client tax and banking profiles to ensure a smooth client experience. To be successful, you will need to have great communication and critical thinking skills.
About this roll*:
- Maintains ACH returns and initiates transactional resolution for each item
- Initiates stop payments, reversals, deletions and any other one-off banking items
- Reconciles various bank accounts
- Assists in quarterly and annual tax filing
- Assists in tying out new client prior data to quarterly tax returns
- Reconciles ACH files to confirm that client payroll deposits are processed timely
- Processes and submits amended returns on behalf of clients
- Research everyday banking notifications on behalf of clients
- Interacts with client directly regarding banking inquiries
- Assists in auditing printed payrolls
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative when faced with problems
- Actively communicate with clients and coworkers
- Ability to adapt to change and varying job responsibilities
- Effectively manage time and self-start projects
- Prior experience in a customer service role
- Strong work ethic
- Comfortable working with sensitive/confidential information
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree is highly preferred
*Bread puns encouraged but not required