- This role is responsible providing pricing leadership and decision making support to the GIS Pricing, Sales and Marketing organizations.
- This role is responsible for insightful analysis to business leadership assisting those leaders to understand the drivers of pricing decisions.
- Working under the Manager Pricing Operations, this role helps with execution and implementation of pricing decisions.
- The individual will work in close collaboration with other parts of the organization including Product Management, Finance, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Service.
- This role is responsible for ensuring pricing integrity for all Grainger’s pricing program
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Pricing Ops Managers with pricing program administration and review.
- Identify process improvement opportunities within pricing operations and implement strengthening controls
- Embed themselves within aligned cross-functional teams and serve as the main point of contact for pricing issue resolution.
- Partner with cross functional team to perform ongoing monitoring of existing pricing operation risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Update online and contractual pricing as needed
- Review vendor’s Minimum Advertised Price guidelines and provide recommendation to ensure compliance
- Develop and maintain process and procedures documentation
- Perform pricing audits to ensure compliance with all policies and procedure for Grainger’s pricing program
- Investigate and resolve all pricing issues received from filed (Sales/Customer Service)
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master or MBA preferred
- Demonstrated working knowledge of business strategies including customer requirements, Supply Chain strategies, product information strategies and Customer Service.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working across business functions
- Experience in working with large amount of data and developing analysis and implementing changes based upon analysis.
- Ability to sustain strong internal as well as external partner relationships
- Capable of gathering external customer knowledge and effectively balance customer needs with those of the business.
- Ability to manage change and influence others in order to reach stated objectives. Proven relationship-building skills to get desired results.
- Excellent communication and business writing skills. Ability to determine the appropriate amount of detail gained in research in order to present findings in an accurate, methodical, and concise manner.
- Good financial and analytical skills. Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with information systems, including SQL, Teradata, SAP, and Microsoft Office applications. SAS and SPSS knowledge a plus.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.