Quantitative Trader (Multiple Openings) at Optiver
Optiver US LLC seeks a Quantitative Trader (Multiple Openings) at its facility located at 130 E. Randolph St., Suite 1400, Chicago, IL 60601.
S/he will be responsible for improving profitability of existing strategies and developing new strategies. S/he will run multiple strategies. S/he will be responsible for conducting research for the purpose of modeling and forecasting cash equities. S/he will use large historical data sets to build frameworks and models to test theoretical discussions. S/he will determine efficient methods to store and analyze high volume data and develop tools to evaluate a large volume of market data to help improve trading strategies performance. S/he will run the trading desk strategy by directing the adjustment of parameters of trading algorithms and making trading decisions within the framework of the desks' trading strategy. S/he will recommend investments and investment timing. S/he will analyze pricing or risks of trading decisions. S/he will guide team members to optimize the parameterization of trading strategies. S/he will build and enhance market prediction models for portfolios utilizing quantitative problem solving and advanced statistical techniques. S/he will apply mathematical theory and techniques to create and improve upon trading models that will be used for analysis and trading. S/he will leverage models and data to take profitable trading positions in financial instruments. S/he will manage an unbalanced inventory of derivatives positions and will rebalance and unwind at opportune times. S/he will collaborate with Developers and Traders to drive model development and implementation.
- This position requires a Master’s degree, or its foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or closely related field plus 2 years of professional work experience in market making within the financial trading industry.
- Additionally, the applicant must also have 2 years of professional experience with:
- (1) Using Onetick and Python for statistical analysis
- (2) Performing Stochastic (Calculus) analysis for variance volatility
- (3) Developing trading strategies with demonstrated and proven PNL track record OR PNL track record of improvement with demonstrated PNL increase
- (4) Using Bloomberg to download data, research and processes to make trading decisions
- (5) Automating trading tasks and implementing trading strategies.