Sales Incentive Compensation Manager
At Showpad, personalities and cultures connect across oceans to create something extraordinary. As a top 10 software company in the Inc. 5,000 Europe list, Showpad is changing the game when it comes to sales enablement. Our employees create the engagement and impact that drives our success as we expand globally.
In the morning, we’re drinking San Francisco cold brew coffee with a side of Portland doughnuts – English scones for afternoon tea, and in the evening we’re toasting success with Belgian tripel Westmalle to a Chicago house tune.
About the position:
The Sales Incentive Compensation Manager will be responsible for administering and supporting the sales compensation program of our worldwide organization. Tracking changes throughout the year, administrating sales compensation plans, analyzing data and recommending new schemes and plans as necessary can all be expected in this role. We are looking for a self-starter with great communication skills, a great attitude, and the ability to collaborate with a variety of people around the world. In this role the ability to anticipate the needs of leadership and business partners in support of their projects will be critical.
This role is a hybrid of traditional jobs in compensation, finance, and sales operations and is crucial to supporting the explosive growth of the Showpad team. Success in this role means helping design incentive compensation plans that are clear, measurable, cost-efficient, and drive the right behaviors to achieve business objectives. The candidate should be familiar with how software companies go-to-market in order to align incentives with the responsibilities of different roles (e.g. sales development reps, account executives, specialists, product overlays, customer success, etc.) and be prepared to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Create, route, and track variable compensation plans for Showpad global teams
- Heavily contribute and lead the incentive compensation design-to-deployment process
- Analysis and ad hoc query of sales compensation targets and achievement
- Work on special projects such as process improvements, data analysis/compilation, presentations, report building, etc.
- Work on additional compensation projects as assigned
- Leverages analytics to drive clarity of designs and demonstrate sales plan performance
- Implements and communicates program changes
- Makes recommendations for process and incentive plan effectiveness improvements
- Provides consultation to HRBPs and sales management to ensure understanding and consistency
- Maintain operational needs for new hires and job changes as impacting variable compensation; including updating quota tracking, assigning new comp letters
- Designs, implements, monitors and analyzes SPIFF and other incentives
- Communicate with field and relevant stakeholders on policy and program changes in a compelling and effective manner
- Work with Finance to predict the cost of incentive compensation programs and plan designs
- Establish strong relationships with the sales organization to understand their various needs and be an advocate for their resolution in an effective way
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related discipline
- 4+ years of experience in Sales Compensation on a Sales Operations, Sales, or Finance team
- Designed, built, and deployed compensation plans globally previously
- Broad-based compensation knowledge and experience desired
- Presentation and communication skills, including consultative problem-solving skills
- Business writing ability and experience, as preferred means of internal communication of ideas, discussion, assessment and feedback
- Ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Discretion and maturity given the confidential personnel data being handled daily
- Matrix management, cross-functional collaboration and ability to influence without authority
- Analytical skills, including knowledge of spreadsheet applications utilizing complex formulas
- Knowledge of incentive plan structures (quotas, accelerators, pay mix, and on-target earnings)
Good to Have:
- Knowledge of a sales incentive system (such as Xactly Incent)
- Advanced Microsoft Office or Google Docs skills, especially Excel (pivots, charting and data analysis)
- Certified Sales Compensation Professional (CSCP) or CCP strongly preferred
- High level of financial acumen, to include forecasting and financial modeling
- Experience within high-tech industry, SaaS business models & needs
What you can expect from Showpad
Focus on Impact and Growth
We are building the future in sales and marketing where every salesperson is successful. As an international scale-up, we aim for yearly double-digit growth that opens many opportunities. We want people who thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven company, who are not afraid to stretch themselves in a fun environment and focus on impact and growth.