Senior Accountant at All Campus
At All Campus, the passion and talent our employees bring to work every day are at the core of our continued success as a company. We have just been named the #1 mid-size company to work for by Crain's Chicago Business Best Places to Work (2021), in addition to being recognized as a one of the best workplaces in Chicago several years in a row (2018-2021 Crain's, 2019-2021 Built In Chicago). We've achieved this honor by emphasizing diversity, excellence, integrity, appreciation, collaboration, creativity and camaraderie, as well as offering a very competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. All Campus is committed to fostering professional growth, as well as doing everything we can to keep employees happy, healthy, and passionate about the work we do.
All Campus is looking for team players who are highly motivated to deliver exceptional results for one of the leading providers of online program management solutions for higher education. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys coming up with new ideas, is comfortable communicating them to a variety of stakeholders and other managers, and who is excited by the prospect of working constantly to improve performance.
All Campus is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our growing downtown Chicago team. The Senior Accountant will work closely with the Accounting Manager in a general accounting role supporting the month-end close as well as other strategic accounting and finance related analysis. The ideal candidate has 2 to 3 years' experience in a corporate or public accounting environment. Proficiency in workpaper creation and Microsoft Excel required, QuickBooks experience a plus. Above all, attention-to-detail and demonstrated ability to deliver under strict deadlines are a must.
This is a high-visibility role, with company-wide perspective and influence. Candidates most likely to succeed in this role are outgoing, enjoy working as a team to solve problems and present a can-do attitude. The ideal candidate will demonstrate project ownership and initiative paired with a solid foundation of technical skill and accounting knowledge.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive the month-end close process, including but not limited to:
- Record payroll and related entries.
- Work closely with the software development team to prepare and record capitalizable wages for the period.
- Maintain fixed asset and prepaid subledgers reconciling to the general ledger.
- Reconcile cash and other account balances as assigned.
- Prepare indirect and direct Statements of Cashflows for monthly budget reporting.
- Identify and record month-end accruals.
- Review the P&L monthly, reconciling material variances to budget and month-over-month.
- Work closely with the Accounting Clerk, reviewing and approving entries to Accounts Payable and other areas as assigned.
- Other monthly close tasks as assigned.
- Assist with client billing:
- Own assigned book of clients, working across departments to ensure proper and timely invoicing and collections.
- Reconcile student reporting from university clients to accounting records, report on variances.
- Take charge of Accounts Receivable, following up with clients on delinquent balances and prepare related reporting.
- Assist with annual close reporting and annual audit.
- Ad hoc projects as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two to three years of accounting work experience in a corporate or public accounting environment required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel a must.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Google suite of products (Google Calendar, Gmail, Google Drive).
- QuickBooks experience preferred but not required.
- Experience in accounting for OPM or "lead-based" revenues highly preferred but not required.
- Must be able to communicate professionally via email, phone and in person with both employees and outside vendors.
All Campus is currently a remote work culture, we plan to return to the office in a flexible format, when it is safe to do so.