What we do
Civis Analytics helps leading businesses, nonprofits, and government use data to identify, attract, and engage customers, constituents, and citizens. With a blend of proprietary data, technology and advisory services, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis helps organizations stop guessing and start using statistical proof to guide decisions. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an skilled Senior Accountant to help drive our day-to-day accounting, financial, and reporting processes. We are a lean and tight-knit team which allows for a lot of project ownership, collaboration, and the ability to directly impact the business. We're looking for analytical thinkers with creative ideas who can go beyond the numbers and think critically about the business. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who will thrive in our fast-paced, start-up culture where no job is too small and everyone is willing to pitch in to get the job done.
- Manage month-end close process (including reconciliation and reporting)
- Improve our bookkeeping process (Netsuite)
- Technical accounting (implementation of new standards/internal policies and processes)
- Support AR & AP processes
- Support financial analyst requests
- Assist in external audit
- Assist in tax preparation requirements
- Work on compliance
- Reconcile intercompany transactions
- Mentor Staff Accountants
- Propose and implement accounting policies as needed to support our growing team
This position will report to the Accounting Manager.
- 4+ years experience working in an accounting role, preferably with a SaaS product
- CPA certification is required
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations
- Must be an Excel expert and have experience with accounting software; Netsuite preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- High attention to detail and accuracy - mistakes don’t get past you, and everything reconciles
- US work authorization required
We’re also hiring for a Financial Analyst on this team! If that feels like a better fit for your background, please apply here.
Why Civis Analytics?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on continued learning, mentorship, and internal promotion
- Competitive benefits including flexible PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health, dental, and vision benefits
- Downtown open office environment near great restaurants and all public transportation options
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us [email protected].com
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW