Job Description Summary
The senior accountant position is a key member of Accounting team. The Accounting team consists of four people and they are primarily responsible for:
- Monthly closes (including our foreign subsidiaries).
- Supporting balance sheets schedules.
- Calculations of quarterly sales bonuses and license fees.
- Fixed assets.
- Managing year-end audits and related accounting research.
- Assisting in management reporting.
- Helping with other special projects such as integration of acquired companies.
- Assist in month end closes including preparing journal entries
- Prepare supporting schedules for balance sheet accounts
- Calculate license fees
- Perform ad hoc analysis and reports including revenue and expense analytics
- Review and improve current processes
- Work with our outside auditors to complete the year-end audit
- Additionally, the senior accountant will assist in accounting research, publishing internal reports to management, and compiling balance sheet analytics
In order to accomplish all of this great work, the senior accountant will work with many other teams at CCC including Financial Planning & Analysis, Sales Operations, Billing & Cash Collections, Accounts Payable and our external auditors.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 3-4 years of accounting experience
- CPA required
- Experience with technical accounting research
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices
- Strong Excel skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organizing
- Strong communication skills
- Team work
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!