The Senior Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day Litera Microsystems' Accounting Functions. This position will be responsible for the monthly close process as well as assisting the accounting manager in ad hoc projects and requests. The Senior Accountant will review the work of the staff accountant. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, supporting financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and budget and forecast activities. The Senior Accountant will have contact with multiple departments which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
What It Takes:
- Relentless pursuit of excellence
- Attention to detail
- Quick thinking
- Strong initiative, drive and self-direction
- Proficiency at juggling multiple tasks
- Being comfortable in a fast-moving and quickly-changing environment
- Partnering with others to accomplish goals
- Strong integrity in work and in interpersonal communication
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Lead the general ledger, monthly close process and all associated reporting requirements, ensuring timeliness and accuracy, such as journal entries, revenue recognition,
- Lead the Treasury function in accordance with company policies and procedures. Provide timely & accurate bank covenant reporting, ensure appropriate controls and maintain target levels of liquidity.
- Support all Tax & Regulatory/Compliance issues at federal, state and local levels such as timely & accurate filings and reporting, ensuring and improving GAAP compliance, payroll/property/sales tax collection & documentation and W-9 compliance.
- Collaborate with Finance team on monthly forecast and annual strategic planning and budget processes and all associated reporting requirements
- Implement and maintain best in class systems and processes to ensure an efficient and effective Accounting team
- Builds solid relationships within finance and with their business partners, providing sound financial advice to help the company achieve its objectives
- Lead ad hoc projects as needed such as implementation of ASC 606, M&A pipeline due diligence, and integration of acquisitions into the company
- Bachelor's degree in accounting; CPA required
- 2-6 years of accounting experience demonstrating increasing responsibility
- Experience with high growth software company and/or private equity ownership a plus
- General ledger and other accounting systems experience required
Who We Are:
Litera Microsystems is the leading provider of software for drafting, proofreading, comparing, repairing and cleaning documents in the legal and life sciences industries worldwide. Our core products empower users to generate, review, and distribute high-quality content quickly and securely, from any device. Today, Litera Microsystems supports thousands of document-intensive organizations across the globe, helping them satisfy the complex demands of clients and regulators.