Senior Analyst Income Tax at Paylocity
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Senior Income Tax Analyst will assist with all aspects of federal and state income tax compliance, accounting for income taxes, as well other miscellaneous tax responsibilities. He/She will enhance their tax technical skills while learning about the broader operational cycles and initiatives of a fast paced and growing technology company.
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Reports To: Supervisor, Corporate Tax
The below represents some of the primary responsibilities of the position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Prepare federal, state and local income and franchise tax returns, including preparation of all supporting work papers
- Prepare quarterly and annual income tax provision pursuant to ASC 740
- Maintain tax fixed asset ledger and prepare computation of tax depreciation
- Compute calculations for the Company’s quarterly federal and state estimated tax payments and annual extension. Prepare and file all vouchers and forms appropriately
- Prepare monthly tax account reconciliations and tax accruals
- Research federal and state tax law and communicate findings
- Respond and resolve tax notices from various governmental agencies through verbal or written communication
- Assist with tax audits, as needed
- Perform other ad hoc projects as assigned
- Intermediate to advanced level experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing company
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate across organizational functions
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, CPA preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience, public accounting experience a plus
- CorpTax and NetSuite experience, preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well-organized work style, attention to detail, and an ability to multitask
As of 4/6/2021 this job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.