Senior Financial Analyst, Goods
Senior Financial Analyst - Goods
Want to use your finance and analytical skills to help local businesses around the world thrive?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be a key finance partner for the North America Goods team. This role will be responsible for delivering insightful financial analysis and providing business decision support to the teams. This is a highly visible role that will interact with leaders across the Goods organization, and will be relied upon as a valued member of the team.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and passionate about helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Business partnering: you'll work hand-in-hand to build scalable solutions to complex problems, rooted in data and analytics
- Build and oversee forecasting models for weekly, monthly, and annual planning processes.
- Analyze operating and financial trends and identify opportunities and develop alternatives to improve performance
- Develop, own and manage financial models to support key initiatives and business decisions
- Partner deeply with the GMs, Marketing and Merchandising to drive achievement of the annual financial plan
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4+ years experience in Finance
- You'd consider yourself to be a budding authority in Microsoft Excel
- You're savvy with systems and are comfortable with data architecture, ERP systems, and SQL
- You're super analytical and love getting in the details
- You thrive in a fluid and dynamic fast-paced environment, and embrace ambiguity
- Experience working at a multinational organization operating across geographies, time zones, and cultures is a plus
- Bonus points if you have experience or familiarity with ecommerce or retail environments
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.