Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest-growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a Financial Analyst at Clearcover?
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to be a key member of the Finance team. This individual will join a small, fast-paced team at a growth-oriented company, and will play a critical role in ensuring that the company is able to plan for profitable growth, execute on financial plans, and make informed executive decisions backed by sound financial and strategic analysis.
Working closely with departments across the company, the Financial Analyst will support forecasting, departmental budget management, reporting, accounting, and business decision support analysis. There will also be opportunities to be involved in special projects requiring detailed financial analysis and other data-driven initiatives.
What will you do?
- Provide insightful analysis of business results to senior management and perform ad-hoc analyses that facilitate problem solving and decision making for business areas
- Assist with annual budget planning cycle and quarterly forecast updates
- Maintain monthly financial operating model
- Participate in development of monthly and quarterly operating reviews
- Perform ad hoc analyses to support departmental and business development initiatives
- Participate in corporate development activities, including capital raising and M&A
- Create monthly departmental budget reviews to provide visibility on historical financials and drive decision making
- Prepare financial reporting package for internal management reporting, highlighting key business issues, variance to budget, and relevant trends
- Maintain & leverage tools and systems to ensure quick, reliable access to data and information
- Assess current business processes and identify opportunities to automate
- Compile financial analysis for Board meetings and other ad-hoc projects
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- 2-5 years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, or corporate FP&A
- Expert modeling (three statement) and Excel skills are an absolute must-have
- Strong analytical skills, organization, and curiosity to develop new methods and processes
- Solid accounting knowledge
- Ability to translate key business drivers to financial outcomes through analysis and communicate business insights from financial metrics and operational data
- Must be self-motivated, creative, detail-oriented and able to work independently to meet deadlines within time constraints
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate with people across all areas of the organization
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium, 75% of your dependents and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- 401(K) contribution of 3%
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- And yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social