Senior Financial Analyst
SPINS is seeking a world class Senior Financial Analyst to join its growing Finance FP&A team.
Who we are.
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
The Senior Financial Analyst is an essential member of the FP&A team and will be instrumental in shaping the future direction of the group. This hybrid role will consist of traditional FP&A responsibilities as well as driving operational improvements in the order to cash process. The highly motivated candidate selected for this role will lead efforts to redesign financial system architecture as well as building out new reporting processes. To succeed, the individual must be comfortable developing and implementing world class reporting solutions and processes in a high growth environment.
- Own and redesign financial reporting for internal management, business partners and external users.
- Redefine order to cash revenue cycle process and workflow through Netsuite and Salesforce.
- Analyze monthly results compared to forecast and budget to understand business drivers and communicate findings.
- Research and highlight new business opportunities by analyzing customer and product data.
- Assist in calculating and distributing monthly sales commission results.
- Perform varied ad hoc analyses on the business across stated strategic priorities as business needs arise.
- Build ad hoc financial reporting through PowerBI Data Warehouse.
What you bring.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or other Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in finance/accounting.
- Technical experience with Netsuite and Salesforce/ CPQ.
- Exhibits strong personal accountability & attention to detail.
- Ability to connect the bigger picture to day to day operations of the organization.
- Ability to learn new financial information systems and data and to work between various IT systems efficiently and accurately.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint.
- “Builder” mindset to assist in shaping FP&A function through updated processes and reporting.
- Ability to work with very large datasets and create meaningful financial reporting. Expert level Excel is required, and knowledge of VBA is preferred.
- Prior experience in Sales Operations, Business process management, and Financial planning function.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; track record of presenting data-heavy information in clear and concise manner to all levels of the organization.
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k (Traditional and Roth) plus company match
- FSA for medical and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Bike storage
- Fresh and healthy snacks
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, company happy hours, product demos, outings, and more.