Senior Financial Analyst at Jiobit
Your future opportunity with Jiobit!
If you want to be part of something new, exciting and ripe with opportunities to grow professionally, then we’re glad you found Jiobit. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join us as we scale our business and deliver best in class (and award winning) location tracking solutions for families and businesses.
Your contributions will directly impact the financial elements critical to supporting the business. At Jiobit, you will have the opportunity to continue your professional growth by strengthening the accounting framework of the company, as well as analyzing financial results to help drive key business decisions.
Jiobit is the first of its kind patented location tracking platform, enabling the longest lasting and smallest real-time location products with best-in-class security. Featuring a host of encryption and security technologies, Jiobit is trusted by federal government customers, law enforcement professionals, and thousands of pet owners and families, with usage in every populated continent in the world.
Jiobit has received an Editor's Choice Award with PCMag and Wired Recommends editor’s choice, and has been featured on Forbes, CNBC, Buzzfeed, Techcrunch, and USA Today, to name a few. With offices in Chicago and Silicon Valley, the team is comprised of seasoned designers, marketers, and engineers with a history of building innovative consumer products and services with millions of units sold worldwide. We have raised over $11M in funding and are now positioning the business for rapid growth.
We would like you to step in and take ownership of critical accounting and finance responsibilities, including ongoing cash flow management, the month-end accounting close process, and budget variance analysis. You will be responsible for the accuracy of the financial statements, as well as presentation of the monthly financial results to the CEO and VP Finance. Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage the month-end accounting close process:
- Prepare and execute monthly journal entries
- Complete monthly account reconciliations
- Prepare & submit monthly sales tax reports
- Consolidate the monthly financial statements, complete with comprehensive variance analysis
- Manage ongoing accounting processes, such as bank reconciliations and accounts payable/receivable
- Consolidate and report monthly customer retention data to CEO/VP Finance
- Proactively identify cost savings opportunities across several areas of the business
- Create and maintain ongoing sales performance charts to support the marketing team
What you'll need.
- 3-5 years experience working in an accounting and/or finance role(s), preferably in corporate finance
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Solid understanding of GAAP accounting
- Advanced experience working with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, with a strong ability to prioritize and multitask
- Intellectual curiosity - strive to learn more, be curious, dig into the details and the root cause. Energy and passion to support the team and our mission
- Creative, yet analytical, in your approach to solving problems and identifying opportunities
- Roll-with-the-punches attitude and good sense of humor
What you’ll get.
Although you will initially start off as a contractor, with success and time, you will gain the following perks:
- Unlimited time off
- Paid Holidays
- Basic Life Insurance
- Short-term / Long-term Disability offered
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (including 50% contribution for dependents)
- Company retreats every 6 months
- **Given the importance of this role for the long-term success of the company, equity compensation will be available for the right candidate
At Jiobit, we’re still a small team with a strong sense of community and mission. Together we are doing meaningful work that solves real problems.
We support one another in our current roles and career aspirations, encouraging each other to learn new skills and dive deeper into our expertise. We believe in working the way you want to - if you have an idea, do it, we will support you. We celebrate our successes (big and small) and make memories at semiannual off-sites and team building events (kayaking, karaoke-ing, Cards Against Humanity-ing). And last but not least, we offer the opportunity to build and influence the company brand, portfolio, and culture from the ground up. Apply here to take a closer look and find out if you are the match we have both been looking for.
Every day brings new challenges along with new opportunities to contribute to our company’s success. We thank you for your interest, and look forward to hearing from you!