Senior General Ledger Specialist
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
Based on our incredible growth Toast is excited to be adding to our Support team! We seek to hire a Senior General Ledger Specialist whose primary goal is to work with our customers to map their general ledger to our platform, as well as partner with internal teams including Product and Learning and Development to help us scale our general ledger setups. This is a great opportunity to work on multiple clients' GLs and play a critical role in growing Toast’s business.
About this roll*:
- Works with new and existing customers and CPAs to map their general ledger to our software or revise their current GL setup.
- Oversees building out standardized mapping templates to each major accounting system.
- Partners with R&D department on product development requests that will allow us to scale our general ledger mapping.
- Utilizes common accounting terminology when speaking with accountants, but is also able to interpret the needs of customers with limited accounting knowledge to ensure that an appropriate level of support is provided.
- Provides technical expertise regarding internet practices and PC functions in order to assist clients and CPAs with PC-related procedures, including file download, editing files, and import/export functions.
- Partners with Learning and Development team to help develop and administer basic general ledger training for employees to optimize level of effectiveness and ability.
- Meets telephone and email response times to ensure quality customer support.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 3-5 years experience in small business accounting, utilizing accounting software to perform tasks such as payroll, budgeting, monitoring cash flow, and balancing bank statements.
- Experience improving accounting processes and/or experience working with Product teams to provide feedback on software improvements to drive customer satisfaction and internal efficiencies with regard to accounting or GL setup.
- Comfortable giving direction/guidance to customers, including restaurant management and/or CPA
- Strong initiative and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
*Bread puns encouraged but not required