Senior Global Accountant at The Marketing Store
The Marketing Store is a global Customer Engagement Agency that believes closer insights, closer connections and closer collaboration create better, more effective work. With a network of offices across North America, Europe and Asia, it’s our goal to bring people and brands closer together. Through this dedication to getting closer, greater potential is released. To see how, please visit tmsw.com.
We are looking for a Senior Global Financial Analyst whose responsibility is to provide day to day accounting support to the Global Finance department. The Senior Global Financial Analyst, reporting to the Global Controller, works independently and self analyzes their data and reports. The Senior Global Financial Analyst works to identify issues, develops POVs, and offers ideas that can drive results to meet and/or exceed targets and to create efficiencies.
This position interacts with and builds relationships with Finance Directors and Controllers across regions and other members of the Global Finance department. This position is ideal for a candidate looking to gain experience working for a global company and handle a combination of accounting and finance responsibilities.
- Prepare annual budget and quarterly forecasts for the Global Management departments (Global Management, Global Finance, Global IT, Global HR, and Global G&A).
- Prepare monthly cost variance analysis for Global Management departments against annual budget, quarterly forecast, and prior year actuals.
- Prepare various monthly journal entries for Global Management departments as well as allocations to other regions.
- Responsible for Global Management’s month end close process and ensuring expenses are properly recorded to Global Management departments.
- Review intercompany reconciliations between TMS entities and also with our parent company (Havi) and work to resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare and review quarterly variance analysis of global support functions including HR, Finance, and IT, across TMS entities.
- Prepare consolidated 10-day and 6-month cash flow forecasts.
- Support regions that encounter issues that may arise during month end submission of actuals.
- Lead quarterly review of balance sheet reconciliations for all regions, which includes meeting coordination, preparing review materials and facilitating resolution of open items.
- Assist with tax related deliverables requested by Havi.
- Participate in ad hoc special projects as required, and other tasks as assigned.
- Support the implementation of Oracle Planning system.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred
- Relevant work experience required, experience with a public accounting firm a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and working with large data files required
- NetSuite and Open Air experience (or acute understanding of ERP systems) and experience with Oracle Planning a plus
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with a wide range of people required
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; must be a self-starter
The Marketing Store, provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.