Senior Manager - Corporate Accounting
Reports to: Corporate Controller
The Senior Manager – Corporate Accounting will own the core accounting functions including general ledger and accounts payable and be responsible for the accounting for investments, internal use software, fixed assets, and leases. Managing a team of 10 through the direct supervision of two managers, the Senior Manager will provide leadership to achieve desired results and enable the continued growth the Company will continue to experience.
- Lead the Corporate Accounting team including coaching, career development, monthly closes, general ledger management and optimization, and finance future state initiatives.
- Own internal control environment for assigned areas.
- Work cross-functionally and with the accounting/finance group to prepare and execute against Corporate initiatives.
- Assist in the Company’s evaluation of technical accounting matters, including those related to complex transactions, emerging areas, and adoption of new accounting standards.
- Participate in acquisitions and dispositions, including due diligence and purchase accounting.
- Serve as a key resource for special projects with the ability to both lead as well as provide meaningful contributions.
- Identify opportunities for and champion accounting process evolution.
- Work cross functionally to enable and influence positive outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA required.
- 8-12 years of experience in accounting-related work (large corporation and/or Big 4 public accounting experience a significant plus).
- Previous work experience in general accounting duties, account reconciliations, and general ledger a plus.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to take full ownership of assignments and be self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure of time constraints.
- Must be detail oriented, well organized, and have the ability to prioritize work and be able to work accurately with numbers.
- At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun!
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
- Flexible work hours
- Paid Parental Leave
- Ample volunteer opportunities and events
- Health and wellness program
- Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Check out our many Awards here!!
At Paylocity, “We” is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.