Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
The Senior Program Financial Analyst will support the overall planning process, spend projections and track actual results across a portfolio of projects for the organization. The position will also provide analytical support for specific projects and will interact directly with customers, suppliers and internally across all levels of the organization. The Senior Program Financial Analyst will create methods to identify project benefits, create and continuously improve decision tools, quantify return on investment, track performance metrics, spend trends (actuals vs budget) and progress against timelines. The Senior Program Financial Analyst is responsible for ensuring projects within the portfolio are completed on time, on budget and on benefit and if a project is trending off track from any of the measures, this role will communicate this to the appropriate leadership levels. Additionally, this role is responsible for analytics and reporting in support of customers and suppliers.
- Coordinate across functions to identify the projects that will be implemented each fiscal year and present consolidated project summary with costs, benefits and ROI to senior leaders of the company.
- Compile costs, benefits and timelines from project managers across full portfolio of projects into a summary plan for leaderships’ review, while also maintaining a detailed view for analytics.
- Develop presentations and dashboards that provide the business with insights.
- Partner with project managers and act as a consultant to support analytics needed for each project such as creating customer or supplier facing reports/insights and/or return on investment calculations.
- Facilitate the prioritization of the projects with top leaders of the company throughout the year, including illustrating the cost impact vs budget for any changes and coordinating discussions to determine which projects to delay, stop, add and continue.
- Provide regular updates on spending trends and benefit achievement to leadership and provide insights when a project is trending off track (budget, benefit or timeline). Obtain approval for projects exceeding budget or timeline and incorporate impact of these exceptions into regular reporting for senior leadership.
- Execute program administration including processing and tracking invoices/costs for each project, gaining approval for payment of invoices, tracking assets obtained during project and recording all details in a database for accounting, analysis and updates to a variety of departments.
- Partner with leasing agencies to obtain RFQ’s for operating leases and communicate results of the RFQ’s to project owners with a recommendation of best option. Coordinate with legal and project manager on changes to legal contracts, master agreements and addendums, as needed.
- Support the operating lease process, including leading RFPs, retaining lease contracts, tracking when leases begin and end and their associated costs. Compare expected costs to actual incurred and research when discrepancies are found to determine root cause.
- Analyze buy vs. lease decisions for Capital leases and perform test to determine if it can qualify as capital lease.
- Perform other analyses in support of the Executive Director of Shared Services & Process Improvements, including monthly, weekly and ad-hoc reports that are sent directly to customers and suppliers.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- Ability to think critically and concisely summarize key highlights and critical decisions needed for senior leadership
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally to achieve results
- Experience facilitating discussions across multiple organizational leaders to align on prioritized initiatives
- Experience building financial models and presenting dashboards to reflect performance against plans and KPI’s
- Experience building action-oriented reports and partnering with third parties to drive results from these reports
- High attention to detail and experience completing projects on time, on budget and on benefit required
- Must be resourceful and well organized with an ability to work on multiple projects, across multiple leaders and with minimal supervision.
- High energy level, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to get along with diverse personalities, and flexible.
- Must be self-motivated, a team player, and have the ability to work well with all levels of professionals
- Must be able to work effectively in a matrix organization
- Must be able to organize and work on multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Must be able to think analytically and provide solutions to complex issues with little guidance
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Project Management experience required
- BS or BA in Supply Chain, Operations, Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- PMP, MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Experience with Power BI and SQL preferred
- Knowledge and experience with PowerPoint presentations required
- Experience with financial planning software and a general ledger system is a plus (COGNOS, JDE and AS400 systems)