Senior Revenue Accountant
Kenna Security is revolutionizing cyber risk with a SaaS-based platform that uses data science to combine vulnerability data with exploit intelligence to measure risk, predict attacks and prioritize remediation. We are leading the way in helping Enterprises to reduce their risk while increasing their efficiency and preventing attacks.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant as a new addition to our Accounting team. This role will have both general ledger-related responsibilities, as well as assisting with proper application of the new revenue recognition standard (ASC 606). Responsibilities include monthly close, balance sheet account reconciliations and reviewing contracts for proper revenue recognition application. This role will work with cross-functional teams and interact with our external auditors during the annual audits. The ideal candidate enjoys a fast-paced high growth environment, is a self-starter, and is able to work independently but also as part of a collaborative team. This position reports directly to the Corporate Controller.
We are small enough that every employee receives a healthy amount of equity and the chance to have a significant impact on technical process and company culture, but large enough that we have established product-market fit, so you can focus on scaling our platform to keep up with the growth of the business.
- Provide appropriate treatment for revenue recognition by identifying, documenting, and verifying areas of risk and exposure to revenue recognized under GAAP.
- Be responsible for the invoice to cash cycle for the company, including AR, revenue recognition and cost capitalization.
- Work with Sales Operations and Sales Representatives to ensure required documentation exists for each order.
- Perform month/quarter/annual close activities which include analyzing General Ledger accounts, performing calculations, preparing journal entries, account reconciliation, preparing reports and financial statements, and resolving issues as needed.
- Assist with internal and/or external audit requests as required.
- Work to continuously improve accounting and reporting processes, improve system efficiencies and help streamline/automate procedures.
- Support the Controller and VP of Finance as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting a must, and CPA preferred
- 4+ years of accounting experience and in-depth knowledge of revenue recognition accounting standards (ASC 605)
- Strong analytical skills, problem solver, detailed oriented and appreciation for accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate complex scenarios and topics to team and supervisors in a clear, logical manner.
- Ability to research and apply applicable accounting guidance.
- Prior experience with a fast paced, growing SaaS company and start up experience preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Read Full Job Description