Senior Staff Accountant at The Marketing Store
The Marketing Store, a HAVI company, is a privately held global Agency that innovates, optimizes and drives marketing promotions and retail activation of many of the best known brands in the world. When you work at The Marketing Store, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
We are looking for a Senior Staff Accountant for the North America region whose responsibility is to provide day to day financial support to the North America team. Scope of activity includes but is not limited to responsibilities related to the monthly General Ledger close and all intercompany activity. This includes preparation and review of various journal entries and account reconciliations, and the review and preparation of the monthly Financial Statements and related reports for the North America region.
The Senior Staff Accountant, reporting to the North America Accounting Manager, works both independently and collaboratively, and self analyzes their data and reports while providing support to the North America accounting team. The Senior Staff Accountant works to identify issues, develops POVs, and offers ideas to their manager that can drive results to meet and/or exceed targets and to create efficiencies. This position interacts with and builds relationships with agency staff at all levels.
- Assist Accounting Manager with planning and managing the monthly and year-end close process
- Prepare various monthly journal entries and ensure conformance to Company’s accounting policies and US GAAP
- Manage intercompany billings and perform reconciliations at month end, and resolve intercompany mismatches with other offices and escalate when needed
- Assist staff in preparing and analyzing Balance Sheet reconciliations, perform initial review prior to manager review, and lead the effort to investigate all reconciling items at the end of each month
- Assist in preparing commentary for year-over-year Balance Sheet and Income Statement variances and provide support for Havi Internal Audit’s analytical reviews
- Assist staff with annual tax package and reporting package preparation
- Prepare weekly and six-month cash flow forecasts
- Work with manager to update and maintain internal controls as needed
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes
- Participate in ad hoc special projects as required, and other tasks as assigned
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- CPA preferred
- 3+ years of relevant work experience with preference for agency industry background
- Experience with foreign exchange conversions and calculating FX gain/loss preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office especially with higher level Excel functionality
- NetSuite and OpenAir experience preferred
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with a wide range of people
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; must be a self-starter
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The Marketing Store, a HAVI Company, provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.