Senior Tax Accountant at Optiver
Optiver’s Tax team is looking for a Senior Tax Accountant to assist in all tax accounting, compliance, and documentation. As the Senior Tax Accountant, you will gain exposure to the many facets of Optiver’s business and have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of tax projects.
The ideal candidate for this role is a self-motivated professional with a desire to learn more about tax. This candidate needs to be technologically savvy, organized and able to manage multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with Optiver’s Finance team to maintain tax information in the general ledger (specifically, providing the journal entries for the tax provision)
- Liaise with Optiver’s third party tax advisors who complete all US and UK tax compliance
- Assist in documenting tax positions
- Aid in audit defense, including responding to information requests
- Oversee Optiver’s sales, use and lease tax process
- Perform ad hoc tax research on a wide array of topics including state tax, global mobility, etc.
- Effectively communicate tax issues to a nontax audience
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in accounting or tax, a CPA is a plus
- 2+ years of experience in tax, open to financial services and public services experience
- Accounting for Income Taxes (ASC740) experience preferred
- Excellent eye for detail
- Demonstration of strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to operate effectively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills with an emphasis on follow-through
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading proprietary trading firm using technology to provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices in financial products around the world. Put simply, we improve the markets. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being.
We’re seeking people who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.
Given the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Optiver US is managing its business remotely. Please note this opportunity will not be remote long-term and employees will be expected to work in the office once it is safe to do so.