Senior Technical Accountant
STATS is looking for a Senior Accountant at its Global Headquarters in Chicago. In this role, you'll report to the Senior Manager of Accounting. You'll perform duties related to the general ledger team and be involved in the accounting close process, preparation of GAAP and management financial statements, assessment of technical accounting issues and interim/annual audits. As a Senior Accountant, you'll also provide leadership support to the Senior Accounting Manager and assist with the preparation of our worldwide consolidated reports. You'll provide monthly account reconciliations and analysis for our financial statements, to ensure management has an accurate understanding of results. In addition, you'll research technical accounting issues and support processes and procedures that ensure we stay in compliance with US GAAP.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare and review journal entries as needed, supported by sufficient documentation & calculations
- Prepare and review monthly account reconciliations and analyses for various balance sheet accounts
- Prepare and review certain foreign subsidiary submissions, working directly with local accountants and Global Controllers to ensure accuracy of reporting
- Prepare financial statements (IS, BS, Cash Flow), perform financial statement review and variance analysis
- Lead or assist on month-end/quarter-end/year-end close and other areas of accounting, as needed
- Prepare PBC files and walkthroughs for external auditors and assist in the conduct of the audit engagement. Also, play a key role in the compilation and issuance of audited financials at year end
- Perform technical accounting research on emerging issues including the writing of accounting memos and generation of supporting calculations
- Oversee all aspects of stock compensation, capital lease and capitalized software accounting
- Manage all aspects of debt, including deferred financing costs, debt refinancing, interest payments, etc.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPA certification or progress towards it preferred
- 4+ years of progressive experience in various accounting roles, with some sort of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with month-end close process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills (ability to collaborate with internal and external customers and team members)
- Absolute integrity and the use of good judgment to handle the confidential nature of duties, tasks and information
- Experience with G/L software packages (Intacct preferred)
- An ability to function well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- An exceptional attention to detail and accuracy with a focus on high quality work
- Strong organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically excel including complex formulas and pivot tables
Who We Are:
The values at STATS mirror those of foundationally great teams and franchises. Our objective is to win through effort, creativity, team-work and positive energy. Specifically, we look for candidates that embody the following: Be All-In, Put the Fan at the Center, Get Stuff Done, It's Your Team, Make an Impact, and Fearless Integrity. We want employees that crave responsibility, accountability and want to have fun working in a collaborative, Get Stuff Done environment.
- Put Fan at the Center: You enjoy working with customers and have the strong communication skills to make those interactions a success.
- It's Your Team: You embrace others' ideas (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and customer. You are a collaborator and relationship builder.
- Get Stuff Done: You are driven, and your can-do attitude inspires others to elevate their performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Make an Impact: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you're excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Be All-In: You must be passionate about what you do and about our customers' success.
- Fearless Integrity: You are self-motivated and capable of holding both yourself and others accountable to deliver on multiple tasks.
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics