GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Accounting Administration department is seeking an experienced SOX Analyst to support the SOX PMO function in ensuring compliance with the requirements of Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and ensuring efficient and effective internal control processes throughout the Ulta Beauty organization. This position reports to the SOX Manager and supports the Business and the Senior Director of Accounting Administration with setting Ulta policy and standards, project planning, and monitoring as it relates to business processes and applications.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Support the SOX compliance efforts, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Develop and maintain SOX controls.
- Collaborate with process and control owners to update risk and control matrices and related documentation as needed.
- Assess process documentation and controls testing to ensure compliance with Program guidelines.
- Evaluate control deviations and deficiencies and work with the business to develop and implement remediation plans.
- Responsible for initiating and coordinating with various internal and external parties including Finance personnel, Internal and External Audit personnel, Business Process and Control Owners, and other parties as necessary.
- Assist in planning and coordinating SOX training sessions and planning/status meetings.
- Organize SOC reports and business application user access reviews and perform procedures to ensure compliance
- Up to 10% travel may be required to support business operations in other locations.
- Understanding of the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley and internal control evaluation frameworks.
- Ability to comprehend relationships between different control procedures and objectives, including information technology general computer controls, and the impact of each on overall control process.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to gain respect of senior management.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports.
- Skill in managing multi-faceted projects to a successful conclusion.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Retail industry knowledge a plus.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external auditors.
- Service oriented, yet assertive/persuasive.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA, CIA, or CISA preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in auditing type role.
- Public Accounting or equivalent experience is required.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Solid analytical skills and technical accounting knowledge.
- Strong understanding of financial processes and internal controls.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates leadership ability/potential.
- Able to work independently, as well as with a group.
- Dedicated and detail oriented.
- Self-starter with willingness to work hands-on.
- Proficient in Excel and Word; SAP knowledge is a plus.