Sr Accountant, International at Vital Proteins
Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
The Senior Accountant, International will be responsible for coordinating accounting and treasury operations in several subsidiary overseas locations for International business. This person will be working closely with our General Manager, EU. Additionally, they will liaise cross-functionally and support sales operations, marketing and supply chain in entering new countries. This role will report out of the West Loop Office and report to the Accounting Manager.
What you will be responsible for:
• Responsible for general ledger functions such as journal entry preparation, account analysis, account reconciliation, and ad hoc schedules
• Completes month-end closings for international entities and foreign currency ledgers including transfer pricing and inter-company accounting.
• Support annual statutory audit processes ensuring timely and accurate country specific filings.
• Responsible for reviewing all international financial reporting to ensure they are properly accounted for in accordance with US GAAP.
• Works closely with International GM and service teams located in US on financial matters, reporting, budgeting, and planning including commercial sales pricing.
• Help coordinate with foreign 3rd party service providers on local accounting, reporting, and statutory issues.
• Prepares GST/HST and VAT filings. Assists with other tax filings and tax matters, as needed.
• Maintain bank relationships, coordinate/support bank communications and evaluate new banking products and services
• Assist external auditors in annual audits of foreign operations.
Who you are:
• You have your CPA certification.
• You are familiar with IFRS and VAT.
• You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a Finance, Accounting or Info Systems discipline
• You have at least four years of progressive Accounting experience with an international focus.
• You have used a Tier I ERP in a high change, rapidly growing business.
• You are a problem solver, with a positive attitude who embraces change.
• You have great listening and problem-solving skills, with a dose of humility.
• You have experience with accounting for foreign currency transactions.
• You have an understanding of regulatory, tax, and internal compliance frameworks;
• You have strong research and analytical skills.
• You must have the ability to read, write and understand English.