Sr. Accountant at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest-growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a Sr. Accountant at Clearcover?
We are looking for a Sr. Accountant to help build a world-class accounting function. The Sr. Accountant will report to the VP of Finance and primarily be responsible for leading the accounting and financial reporting for the organization to ensure the Company remains in compliance with all regulatory and statutory requirements. We're looking for an individual who is a self-starter, has experience in the insurance industry, ability and drive to seek out areas that need refinement and improvement.
We promise this is the most fun you’ll have in your career and also the hardest thing you’ll do. Still interested? Here’s what you need to know:
What are your responsibilities?
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries
- Prepare and/or review monthly account reconciliations
- Consolidate company operating information for internal and external financial reporting
- Work with internal and external auditors and provide necessary support
- Prepare analytical schedules, analyze variances, and provide support for internal requests
- Actively identify, lead, manage, and complete process improvement projects
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements
- Prepare and/or review quarterly statutory-basis financial statements
- Additional responsibilities, as assigned
What do you need?
- BA/BS degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of experience in corporate accounting. Insurance / financial services experience is a plus
- CPA required
- Familiarity with US GAAP, familiarity with statutory accounting principles is a plus
- Experience navigating a large ERP environment
- Proficiency in MS Office products - intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience in Workday and Blackline a strong plus
- Progressive thinking skills, a strong work ethic, and a knack for innovative solutions
- Excellent communication skills to interact with varying levels of management and professional staff
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited PTO, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We contribute 3% to your 401k even if you don’t
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social