Showpad is the leading sales enablement platform for the modern seller. Showpad's all-in-one platform empowers sales and marketing teams to engage buyers through industry-leading training and coaching software and innovative sales content and engagement solutions.
At Showpad, personalities and cultures connect across oceans to create something extraordinary. As a top 10 software company in the Inc. 5,000 Europe list, Showpad is changing the game when it comes to sales enablement. Our employees create the engagement and impact that drives our success as we expand globally.
In the morning, we're drinking San Francisco cold brew coffee with a side of Portland doughnuts – English scones for afternoon tea, and in the evening, we're toasting success with Belgian tripel Westmalle to a Chicago house tune.
About the position
The Senior Account reports to the Accounting & Reporting Manager (based in Belgium) and will work across the Finance team including Accounting, Reporting, Procurement & Order to Cash. The ideal candidate is a high potential person with a genuine interest in accounting & general tax.
The role is based in Chicago.
- You will play a key role in the month-end close process by preparing journal entries, making necessary accruals and managing various asset and liability reconciliations.
- Assist the Accounting & Reporting Manager in daily accounting activities and month-end closing procedures.
- Ensure and monitor the compliance with the internal controls
- Prepare filings and reports as needed such as Sales and Use Tax, IRS Form 1099.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable US Accounting and Tax regulations
- Seek meaningful solutions to accounting problems before presenting issues to manager
- Assist with external and internal audit
- Support special projects and implementations aimed at improving operational efficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with >7 years of accounting experience by preference in an international environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications-Word, Excel and/or Google Suite.
- Working knowledge of NetSuite accounting system is a strong plus
- Solid understanding and comfort with account reconciliations and month end close processes.
- Ability to work proactively and independently in a fast-paced office environment
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational skills and eye for detail.
- Motivated and team orientated.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain complex accounting functions to other team members.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
What you can expect from Showpad
Focus on Impact and Growth : We are building the future in sales and marketing where every sales person is successful. As an international scale-up, we aim for yearly double-digit growth that opens many opportunities. We want people who thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven company, who are not afraid to stretch themselves in a fun environment and focus on impact and growth.