Sr Financial Analyst
Chicago Tribune is hiring for a Sr. Financial Analyst. This role will have the responsibility of improving the profitability, productivity and management control of the Company by providing department leaders with objective analysis of plans, forecasts, goals, strategies and investments. The Sr. Financial Analyst will contribute to the development of strategic, operating and capital plans. They will also improve the database, control, and analytical systems capabilities of financial planning, revenue, expense and analytical reporting to more efficiently meet management's information and decision making requirements
- Contribute to the development of the annual operating plan and monthly re-forecasts by organizing and developing budgets, models and analyses for specific departments and account categories.
- Compile month-end analysis and supporting documents by product and department creating clear understanding of results vs plan, forecast and last year. Monitor performance and pro-actively recommend action plans
- Provide weekly and monthly revenue updates for senior management within the sales and consumer marketing departments.
- Actively participate in significant long range project committees/task forces. Provide the project manager with financial analysis, assistance in evaluating the proposed operating changes for consistency with Company strategic goals.
- Successfully work in a self-directed environment
- Assist the Finance Director in implementing standardizing processes, best practices and proposing new standardized processes in order to best capitalize on all our resources and knowledge
- B.S / B.A degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline
- 2-4 years related business experience
- CPA/MBA a plus
- Strong MS Office skills
- Oracle experience preferred but not required
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills and demonstrated analytical skills and attention to detail. Ability to function in a self-directed work environment
- Demonstrated analytic ability, modeling acumen, strategic vision/goals-driven orientation